Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Fran/ At&T Stadium

They call me "chef"

Re: San Fran/ At&T Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    You need to go over to the Stanford University hospital and behold the place of my birth.

You'll shed a tear.
    The campus has a beautiful church with several bronze statues and wall paintings of Raisor too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Top of the Mark bar on the top of the Mark Hopkins Hotel on Russian Hill. You can see everything from up there.

Coit Tower. Just down the hill, unmarked is 202 Green Street. It's where Philo T. Farnsworth invented television.

On September 7, 1927, Farnsworth's image dissector camera tube transmitted its first image, a simple straight line, to a receiver in another room of his laboratory at 202 Green Street in San Francisco. Pem Farnsworth recalled in 1985 that her husband broke the stunned silence of his lab assistants by saying, "There you are — electronic television!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    The campus has a beautiful church with several bronze statues and wall paintings of Raisor too.
    Rodin Garden too

You need to go over to the Stanford University hospital and behold the place of my birth.

You'll shed a tear.
    Yes, we saw that in a tourist brochure and we plan on spending at least a half day to get a full appreciation of that monumental event.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Go "Down" not over
    Depends where you start out

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Yes, we saw that in a tourist brochure and we plan on spending at least a half day to get a full appreciation of that monumental event.
    If you only go for half a day, make sure it's in the morning. You don't want to miss the daily reinactment of my birth. The woman portraying my mom is also a groundling

They call me "chef"

Cassandra Peterson?

9. Likes:

Chip R (07-24-2013)

If you only go for half a day, make sure it's in the morning. You don't want to miss the daily reinactment of my birth. The woman portraying my mom is also a groundling
    I saw an all you can eat breakfast buffet is featured with your birth reenactment so we are going to try our best to hit the morning session. I will drop your name to see if we get any type of discount or maybe even a tshirt.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-20-2013)

I saw an all you can eat breakfast buffet is featured with your birth reenactment so we are going to try our best to hit the morning session. I will drop your name to see if we get any type of discount or maybe even a tshirt.
    As I get a cut of the gate, there shall be no discounts

As was mentioned in another thread book your Alcatraz trip ahead of time.

Last time I was in San Francisco, I was there for a Lotus Notes convention for work. One thing I did that was pretty cool was I hopped a cable car at the end of one line and rode it all the way to the other end. It was really interesting to see the differnt neighborhoods we went through. I expected it to be mostly tourists riding, but at least on my trip, there were a surprising number of locals hopping on and off.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Pick up some Rice-a-roni (it's a San Francisco treat)

we took a drive out to the cliff house restaurant. i don't really remember the food, but the views are spectacular.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    As was mentioned in another thread book your Alcatraz trip ahead of time.
    Just about everyone who went there was booked ahead of time.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Myself and Mrs. George Anderson will be spending three days in San Francisco the first weekend of September. We of course are going to take in a game against the Diamondbacks and plan on seeing Alcatraz. Other than that anything anybody recommends seeing? Any good places to go before the game or after? The Golden Gate bridge kinda interests me but is there really any thing museum wise to check out or do you just look at the bridge and nothing else?
    As a Bay Area native who's played tour guide many times for family/friends, here's some of the usual stuff:

Alcatraz, Treasure Island, Presidio, Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, North Beach, cable cars, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Union Square, Golden Gate Park

And then what I'd say are some of the not-as-well-known:
    ride BART, Exploratorium, Cal. Academy Sciences/Steinhart Aquarium (in GG Park), Japanese Tea Garden (in GGP), Sony Metreon, Land's End, Disney Family Museum, Roebling Museum, Palace of Fine Arts, America's Cup races...also concerts at America's Cup Pavilion, Sammy Hagar plays Sept 7th.

You can also tour the lovely Bayview/Hunter's Point District on your way to Candlestick for 49ers/Packers on the 8th...just make sure no way you'll run out of gas, and if you get a flat, just drive on the rim.

Before/after a Giants game there are a lot of great restaurants/pubs right there in Willie Mays Plaza, across the street, or within a couple blocks...Public House, Zeke's Sports Bar, The Paragon to name a few we really like.

Of course all that is just in SF, there are MANY more things elsewhere in the Bay Area and beyond: Jack London Square (Oakland), Telegraph Ave (Berkeley), Marin Headlands, North Coast, Pebble Beach/Carmel/Monterey, Napa, Lake Tahoe, etc...if you ever make it out again, highly recommend Lake Tahoe, any time of the year it's awesome.

19. Likes:

George Anderson (07-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?