Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Albert Pujols was a juicer in St. Louis (or so says Jack Clark)

Albert Pujols was a juicer in St. Louis (or so says Jack Clark)

At least Jack Clark says so. How much stock do we put into it?

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Albert Pujols was a juicer in St. Louis

It wouldn't shock me, but I'm not sure that Jack Clark is someone whose word I would consider gospel.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    At least Jack Clark says so. How much stock do we put into it?

St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Haven't read the article. Is there actual evidence, or is this just one man's opinion? If it's just anecdotal evidence or lacking entirely, then no, I wouldn't put much stock into it.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

As much stock as anyone who says "I heard from a guy who knows a guy who knows Pujols" deserves. Not much.

Not saying it isn't true, but I'm not taking his word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Haven't read the article. Is there actual evidence, or is this just one man's opinion? If it's just anecdotal evidence or lacking entirely, then no, I wouldn't put much stock into it.
    Hearsay from what I could gather.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I've heard that I can't count Jack Clark as reliable, but I didn't think I could believe Canseco, either. Anyway, I couldn't care either way. There's nothing that can be done about it, now.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Clark then talked about a conversation he had about a dozen years ago with Mihlfeld, who has worked as a conditioner with several major-league organizations. (Both men were with the Dodgers then, and Pujols was early in his career.)

Mihlfeld “had told me what he was doing with ‘Poolie’ — threw him batting practice, worked him out, shot him up, all that stuff,” Clark said on the air.
    Sounds to me like the ball is in Mihlfeld's court now, up to him to confirm, deny, or just ignore.

Does Jack Clark have a history of telling tall tales? He always seemed like a pretty blunt guy, who always told it like he saw it. The most interesting part of that article to me was near the end when Clark tells why he wants nothing to do with the game anymore. Or, does the game want nothing more to do with Jack Clark, and that's why he's no longer an insider?
    sorry we're boring

St Louis, ground zero.

10. Likes:

smixsell (10-17-2013)

“I like Albert, he’s a friend of mine,” Clark, now 57, said.
    Not anymore.

12. Likes:

CTA513 (08-09-2013),mole44 (08-10-2013),Spider Tre (10-16-2013),Tom Servo (08-09-2013)

What's key here is that Pujols has always had all the major red flags that he used PED's. He was an obscure 16th round pick and within a yer became one of the top prospects in baseball, and then one of the best players in baseball. He has the body type of a PED user, and the acne.

Those in isolation aren't enough to convince me that that Pujols used, but it was enough for me to always be suspicious. So when a player comes out with a detailed description of how Pujols used steroids, it tips the scales for me. I am now convinced Pujols used PED's.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

14. Likes:

Hubba (08-09-2013),joshua (08-09-2013),Kingspoint (08-09-2013),smixsell (10-17-2013)

Well, Clark gave a specific allegation about what Pujols did and by whom. That's better than just said "I heard he used."

I doubt very much Clark would be that specific if he weren't told that. So the question is probably better to ask: is Mihlfeld being truthful? I honestly see no reason he isn't. It's long past the time where we believe most players were innocent.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

16. Likes:

smixsell (10-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    St Louis, ground zero.
    There have always been rumors, I have a feeling we are going to near more and more reports of previous Cardinals using PED's and cheating in other ways.

But one thing to remember. At the heart of all of this, was Walt Jocketty. So Reds fans can't be too accusatory.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Albert Pujols is NOT a juicer. However, the person who assumed Albert Pujols identity in order to shave a few years of his age, probably is/was.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

19. Likes:

757690 (08-09-2013),membengal (08-09-2013),MillerTime58 (08-09-2013),paintmered (08-09-2013),SirFelixCat (08-09-2013),The Operator (08-10-2013),Tom Servo (08-09-2013),wheels (08-09-2013),wlf WV (08-10-2013)

At this point I'd be more surprised to hear he has never used than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    So the question is probably better to ask: is Mihlfeld being truthful? I honestly see no reason he isn't.
    I think the first question to be asked is if Mihlfeld really said it. Then we can worry about if Mihlfeld was being truthful or not.

Turn Off Ads?