Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Post rumors or breaking news dealing with the Trade Deadline here...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Apparently the Cubs & Rangers are on the verge of a Matt Garza deal.. Names possibly heading to the Cubs could be Mike Olt and CJ Edwards

If am the Cubs I hold on to Garza until Harrell is traded by Houston. If they continue to want Garza I demand Odor
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I don't see the Reds making any major moves at or before the deadline, especially with Ludwick seemingly ready to come back sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSD View Post
    I don't see the Reds making any major moves at or before the deadline, especially with Ludwick seemingly ready to come back sooner than later.
    You have a date.. Because everything up until now has been rehab in August..ready by September.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSD View Post
    I predict Walt will go after bullpen help instead of a left fielder. Heisey seems to be on the rise and Ludwick will be back.

Need to be able to send Partch back down and maybe Ondrusek as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I predict Walt will go after bullpen help instead of a left fielder. Heisey seems to be on the rise and Ludwick will be back.

Need to be able to send Partch back down and maybe Ondrusek as well.
    Marshall & Broxton should be back to.. If we obtain a bullpen arm I may set fire to GABP.. SP maybe would be acceptable.. But offense is what needs to be addressed...

I still think if they do a deal they'll actually trade bullpen arm(s) for a RH bat.

I just read something about Ludwick where he was swinging a bat Thursday for the first time since opening day. I guess he's going to start rehabbing here soon so that is a positive as long as their isn't any setbacks. I still don't think we see him back until late August though.

Manny Parra went from dead horse to prized pony in about a months time. Him along with LeCure & Simon have helped. Marshall had a bit of a setback but him and Broxton should be back soon. At least based on this article: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/94...-sore-shoulder

Cueto should be back soon which may force the Reds to move Cingrani to the pen or to the minors. Cries for a bullpen arm(s) should go unheard. This team needs a solid bat in this lineup if it wants to compete. Bruce, Votto, Phillips, & Choo are doing amazing things.. But they went into the year thinking that Luddy would be the difference maker. Replacing him with Heisey, Paul, & Robinson has stopped the bleeding but the wound isn't healing. This team is beating average and below teams but struggling against good record teams. St Louis for example.. 3-6 against them.. If we can't beat the teams that are in front of us how are we going to beat teams like that in the postseason. We added a bullpen arm for the stretch run last year... Did Jonathan Broxton get us past the Giants at home? We need a bat..

Rios, Ethier, Morrison, Soriano, & Morse just to name a few..

hearing eithier could be a destination for the Reds PER Rosenthal.

Per Rosenthal today :

"The Reds are one of the teams that have inquired about the Phillies' Michael Young"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Per Rosenthal today :

"The Reds are one of the teams that have inquired about the Phillies' Michael Young"
    Frazier not being able to hit a breaking ball might have something to do with this.. He's an on base guy and typically hits for average which is what we seek. He's a veteran guy with leadership qualities which you know makes Walt and Bob happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    hearing eithier could be a destination for the Reds PER Rosenthal.
    Ethier just signed 5/$85.

Instead of acquiring Ethier, why not spend that money resigning Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Marshall & Broxton should be back to.. If we obtain a bullpen arm I may set fire to GABP.. SP maybe would be acceptable.. But offense is what needs to be addressed...
    I just question whether Marshall or Brox will be healthy and effective. If they can get Michael Young I agree that's the better move. And hopefully Cueto gets back and Cingrani can strengthen the pen if Marshall and Broxton don't make it back

Would Alexei Ramirez be worth a look? I've heard that he's on the market.

By the way, I've decided to join this website after ESPN decided to change their comment boards to Facebook.

Turn Off Ads?