Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Re: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Quote Originally Posted by TheNati View Post
    Would Alexei Ramirez be worth a look? I've heard that he's on the market.

By the way, I've decided to join this website after ESPN decided to change their comment boards to Facebook.
    Welcome.. What happens with Cozart if you acquire Ramirez? I'd prefer the Reds plug a need versus replacing a young guy with a declining SS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Deal is done.. Cubs get Olt, Edwards, Grimm, & a PTBNL for Garza.

Alfonso Soriano looks to be heading back to the Yankees.. Cubs looked to be picking up majority of the remaining 24-25 million owed to Soriano in exchange for a mid level prospect.

Francisco Rodriguez was dealt today to the O's For Nick Delmonico.

I've been looking around on baseball reference trying to find any sort of improvement over Izturis, and I can't find many options.

White Sox reject the Cardinals offer for Alexei Ramirez.. Cards had offered Carlos Martinez.

In the same report it states that the Reds scouts among other teams should be in town through the weekend to watch Jake Peavy and Jesse Crain.. Crain who is expected back from the DL on Sunday has been rumored to be on the Reds radar in the past.

Rangers are discussing Rios / De Aza with the White Sox. With Nelson Cruz's suspension looming would signify the Rangers are going hard for a title even on the brink of potentially losing a key member due to PED use.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    White Sox reject the Cardinals offer for Alexei Ramirez.. Cards had offered Carlos Martinez.

In the same report it states that the Reds scouts among other teams should be in town through the weekend to watch Jake Peavy and Jesse Crain.. Crain who is expected back from the DL on Sunday has been rumored to be on the Reds radar in the past.
    The Ramirez for Martinez deal has been shot down by numerous people. First of all the reported offer had the words "involving" in it. "Involving" as in other players involved. Second of all it wouldn't be that big of an upgrade for the Cards as Ramirez's numbers have been in decline for the last several years.

The Cardinals aren't going to trade their top pitching prospect for a marginal upgrade at SS. I could however envision a scenario where the Cardinals try to get Peavy and Ramirez where Martinez is the center piece of the Cardinals offer along with others.

Soriano would accept a deal to the Yankees.

Apparently the Reds will be one of the teams in attendance scouting the former Padres ace and starter of the White Sox Jake Peavy.

This from MLBTradeRumors.com/Jayson Stark

The Red Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves, Orioles, and Reds each have a scout in attendance, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark, while the Rangers have two. Athletics director of player personnel Billy Owens is also there, tweets Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. Keep in mind that their presence does not necessarily imply trade interest in Peavy.

Soriano is being pulled out of the lineup tonight due to a deal being in place to send him back to the Yankees

how about targeting outfielder byrd from the mets??

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Apparently the Reds will be one of the teams in attendance scouting the former Padres ace and starter of the White Sox Jake Peavy.

This from MLBTradeRumors.com/Jayson Stark
    I have a hard time believing that the Reds are scouting Peavy. The starting pitching is fine this year unless someone gets injured, and Peavy's owed a decent chunk of change next year. Maybe the Reds are scouting De Aza and/or Rios and are just using the Peavy start as a bit of a smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the Reds are scouting Peavy. The starting pitching is fine this year unless someone gets injured, and Peavy's owed a decent chunk of change next year. Maybe the Reds are scouting De Aza and/or Rios and are just using the Peavy start as a bit of a smokescreen?
    I agree with you...that doesn't seem like the "Walt"-type move.

Peavy: I think Walt is putting the Reds name in the hat as interested only to drive up the price for him.....if the Cardinals get him might as well make them give up as much as possible. If somehow the Reds get him decently cheap then Cingrani going to the pen is like trading for a a good reliever.

Michael Young: Reds have been listed as one of the teams interested in him. Seems pretty realistic to me and although I like Frazier and he seems to be hitting better lately its hard to pass up the consistency of Young. Frazier can always play LF because we can't assume Ludwick will be the hitter of last season.

Turn Off Ads?