Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Re: Heading Into The Trade Deadline..

Michael Young would be interesting.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Angels are sellers. I would see what it would take to get Dipoto talking about Mark Trumbo. It would be a longshot to start with but could you imagine a lineup with Trumbo at cleanup? Yes, I realize his defense is not so great, but neither is Ludwick's.

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Trumbo
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Roco
    8. Cozart
    9. Pitcher

Looks pretty nice to me...I would think Trumbombs would be early and often in Great American Smallpark too...

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    Angels are sellers. I would see what it would take to get Dipoto talking about Mark Trumbo. It would be a longshot to start with but could you imagine a lineup with Trumbo at cleanup? Yes, I realize his defense is not so great, but neither is Ludwick's.

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Trumbo
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Roco
    8. Cozart
    9. Pitcher

Looks pretty nice to me...I would think Trumbombs would be early and often in Great American Smallpark too...
    We could use Trumbos bat. Don't care about his defense, this team needs offense help badly.

5. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (07-30-2013)

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Trumbo
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Roco
    8. Cozart
    9. Pitcher

Count me in as somebody who thinks this is a good idea. Trumbo at GABP would be fun.

1. Choo
    2. Phillips
    3. Votto
    4. Trumbo
    5. Bruce
    6. Frazier
    7. Roco
    8. Cozart
    9. Pitcher

Toss Cozart and bring up Hamilton for that 8 hole. Trade for Young and slide him in to that 6. Dump Hannahan and Izzy, using Frazier and Cozart to fill in those holes on days off.

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    Toss Cozart and bring up Hamilton for that 8 hole. Trade for Young and slide him in to that 6. Dump Hannahan and Izzy, using Frazier and Cozart to fill in those holes on days off.
    So you are proposing moving Hamilton BACK to shortstop? Never happen.

Also, Young is old and really NOT that much better than the Toddfather.

Face it...Walt will do nothing, and we will all pray that St. Ludwick comes back hitting like he did for 2 months of last year.

Pretty sure we are a one and out team in the post season this year, if even that. Too many holes to fill and not enough spackle.

Angels reportedly also have Aybar and Kendrick on the block as well. IIRC Trumbo also played a little 3rd base last year. Frieri might be available. hmm

Cingrani and Chapman might bring in a haul that could reshape the team for the playoffs.

Like I've said before, Walt's got to weigh if making a move now helps the team more than it hurts the team in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dwyerbrg View Post
    Like I've said before, Walt's got to weigh if making a move now helps the team more than it hurts the team in the future.
    Agree...I would be loathe to lose Cingrani. Remember, Arroyo is out next year. However, Chapman COULD still be a starter and we don't know how much value that may carry with some GMs. I still call and start with "What will it take for Trumbo...we have a direct flight all set for Chapman to John Wayne Airport in Costa Mesa with a limo straight to the big A. What do you think, Mr. Dipoto?"

If he wants more...well, I'm not Walt.

chapman can go he is very replaceable

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    chapman can go he is very replaceable
    Especially after a blown save and a loss.. Cause someone who throws over 100mph are coming out everywhere now a days..

14. Likes:

OC_Red (07-30-2013)

I come from the "trade Chapman because he has been terribly handled here and we should get value from him" camp. I don't stand by the idea that Chapman is bad or "unclutch"...he is in fact a lot of fun to watch most of the time. I just think the role the Reds have hammered him into is one that is easily filled by at least a couple others that I can think of that a. make a lot less and b. don't command the market value that Chapman does.

blew game against Phillies after eating 20 pies
    blew game vs Arizona not retiring anyone in the ninth
    '
    his value of replacement is minimal, the pirates "found:" their closer from a scrap heap, the offense needs improvement

Word up is that Michael Young (Phillies Infielder) is on the waiver wire. Pull the trigger Reds! He would make a great number 2 hitter plus can play any infield position.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Word up is that Michael Young (Phillies Infielder) is on the waiver wire. Pull the trigger Reds! He would make a great number 2 hitter plus can play any infield position.
    Young has a no-trade clause that he'll only waive for the Red Sox, Yankees, and Rangers, reportedly.

Turn Off Ads?