Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Biogenesis thread- more names to come

Re: Biogenesis thread- more names to come

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think what's going to happen with ARod is that the arbitrator will reduce the suspension to 50 games. I think the arbitrator will throw out the coersion and obstruction charges and just keep the 50 game suspension. When you look at it, there was a 50 game suspension for the steroids and a 161 game suspension for obstruction and coersion.
    Just curiously, why? Is the evidence against ARod for obstruction and lying weaker than for his PED use? And btw, in this case, I believe he was accused of HGH use, not steroids, although he did admit to using steroids in the past.

Personally, I think the suspension will stand. Remember, the last arbiter !hired by MLB that ruled against them was fired. I have a feeling MLB picked a guy who they know will back them. The fix has been in on this from day one. It's why everyone else took what was offered to them.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I don't think he will get the full 211 games, but it would be a travesty if he gets less time than Braun. I personally think a one-season suspension would be about right, but we'll see.
    Ban him. For life. Send that message to the rest of the players (majors AND minors). IMO this whole PED stuff is FAR worse than anything Rose did. It cuts deeper and will have much bigger and longer lasting effects. They need to enforce the rules and STRENGTHEN the rules. Come down like a sledgehammer and the problem will sort itself out quickly.

4. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-06-2013),joshua (08-06-2013)

I'm just glad they've set precedent that positive tests aren't needed for lengthy suspensions. That will help more than anything. We've all seen that you can be tested and tested and tested again without being caught.

I'm just glad they've set precedent that positive tests aren't needed for lengthy suspensions. That will help more than anything. We've all seen that you can be tested and tested and tested again without being caught.
    Soon they'll suspend you just for thinking about steroids.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Ban him. For life.

IMO this whole PED stuff is FAR worse than anything Rose did.

If they ban him for life then I hope they lay out all there avenues for gathering information and who had it and when, because it's not as kosher as they would like us to believe

As far as gambling and baseball, steroids will never be as bad as gambling was to the game, no matter how much rationalization is made in the name Pete Rose

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-06-2013),dougdirt (08-06-2013),dubc47834 (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Just curiously, why? Is the evidence against ARod for obstruction and lying weaker than for his PED use? And btw, in this case, I believe he was accused of HGH use, not steroids, although he did admit to using steroids in the past.

Personally, I think the suspension will stand. Remember, the last arbiter !hired by MLB that ruled against them was fired. I have a feeling MLB picked a guy who they know will back them. The fix has been in on this from day one. It's why everyone else took what was offered to them.
    I don't know what the evidence is. But which is the greater crime? Even there is no provision in the Basic Agreement against it, it appears that MLB has done its share of coercing Anthony Bosch. They are basically telling ARod that he can't coerce a witness; only we can coerce a witness.

It's not necessarily up to just MLB to pick the arbitrator. The Players Association has to agree on the person as well. Everyone else took what was offered because they weren't facing a 200+ game ban. Most of them also don't have the financial wherewithal of ARod. I'm not saying ARod is going to get off scot-free. But I think his suspension is going to be no more than 100 games.

I think it's safe to say that MLB is out to get ARod by any means possible. They already got Braun now ARod is in their crosshairs. They are basically saying that since ARod is unpopular and it wouldn't exactly hurt the Yankees to be relieved of his salary he's going to be suspended for a year and change even though the punishment for 1st time offenders is only 50 games. Do you really think if Nelson Cruz and not ARod had done all they say ARod has done, MLB would be going after him so hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Soon they'll suspend you just for thinking about steroids.
    You have a problem with using reliable evidence (documents, receipts, texts, phone calls, etc.) to prove PED use?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I think it's safe to say that MLB is out to get ARod by any means possible. They already got Braun now ARod is in their crosshairs. They are basically saying that since ARod is unpopular and it wouldn't exactly hurt the Yankees to be relieved of his salary he's going to be suspended for a year and change even though the punishment for 1st time offenders is only 50 games. Do you really think if Nelson Cruz and not ARod had done all they say ARod has done, MLB would be going after him so hard?
    It's not his first offense, he freely admitted guilt in taking steroids while with the Rangers. That makes this a 2nd offense, which is part of the reason MLB is taking a harder line, I think (along with the cover up, coercing witnesses etc, which have just served to tick them off)
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    It's not his first offense, he freely admitted guilt in taking steroids while with the Rangers. That makes this a 2nd offense, which is part of the reason MLB is taking a harder line, I think (along with the cover up, coercing witnesses etc, which have just served to tick them off)
    But there was no testing then.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

But there was no testing then.
    I understand, but there was a freely made admission of guilt.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I understand, but there was a freely made admission of guilt.
    Then MLB should have disciplined him for that. Since they didn't they can't very well go back and say that was his first offense.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

You have a problem with using reliable evidence (documents, receipts, texts, phone calls, etc.) to prove PED use?
    Nope.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If they ban him for life then I hope they lay out all there avenues for gathering information and who had it and when, because it's not as kosher as they would like us to believe

As far as gambling and baseball, steroids will never be as bad as gambling was to the game, no matter how much rationalization is made in the name Pete Rose
    Ban him for life and say good bye to labor peace.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ban him for life and say good bye to labor peace.
    I'm not so sure. I think there are lot of players like Skip Schumaker, who told ESPN he wishes Braun had been banned for life.

Also, I heard bits and pieces on MLB Radio today where they said they think the MLBPA (not owners) may try to get the CBA changed this offseason to include tougher penalties.

I'm not so sure. I think there are lot of players like Skip Schumaker, who told ESPN he wishes Braun had been banned for life.

Also, I heard bits and pieces on MLB Radio today where they said they think the MLBPA (not owners) may try to get the CBA changed this offseason to include tougher penalties.
    Nope, that will have to wait until the next labor deal, no do overs until the contract is played out

Turn Off Ads?