Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: Reds v. Pirates 7/20/13

Re: Reds v. Pirates 7/20/13

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    that was a Post season type performance by Chapman!!!.. 2 Bad defense plays, no outs and he got on top of his game.. 101,101,101,100, 102 wow!!!!!!!
    been bringing the high heat for about the last week.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds playing like a team that all of a sudden doesn't have to overcome 20 years of irrelevance.

We're still good!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can't believe a managerial genius like Hurdle couldn't find a way to get the run home.

LOL Pirates. Can I say that? Sorry, I'm giddy.
    Manufacturing a run against Chapman is easier on paper than on the field.

What did you want Hurdle to do. Order the suicide squeeze with the catcher up and Champan on the mound? That would be the true "suicide" squeeze.

On another note, posters give up way too easily. Getting runners on base against Chapman is easier than scoring runs on him.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

YESSSS. Go Reds. BIG win.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Throwing error aside, that may the best pitching performance of his career

8. Likes:

reds1869 (07-20-2013)

Huge win. Chapman was outstanding in the 9th. Let's get the sweep tomorrow

What great composure from Chap.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    See? Chapman can get a 5 out save.
    Post of the Year nom.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Sheldon tweeted Mez was fired up after the last out - what did he do?
    a couple of nice fist pumps...showing some excitement and enthusiams. Good to see. Nothing ridiculous...just like, 'yeah, let's go' type thing.

Dang, now I can't say the reds only have one series win against a good team anymore. I guess I can change it to the pirates being the only good team the reds can beat. Nice series win. Lets get the sweep.

The bottom of the ninth was the most intense situation of the season so far in my book. Huge, gutsy performance from Chapman. I'd love to see him start, but there's no one I'd rather have closing this side of Mo Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Throwing error aside, that may the best pitching performance of his career
    In all fairness to Aroldis, there should never have been a base runner to begin with.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I was at the game tonight and that 9th inning was one of the most stressful experiences of my Reds fandom. My heart was racing a mile a minute and it didn't calm down until we were walking to Orange Leaf after the game. Aroldis didn't even flinch though and we all erupted in the ballpark when he got that last out! I was especially happy because he shut up this one Pirates fan lady behind me (who wasn't even brave enough to wear Pirates gear to the game, LOL ) who was being really annoying.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

17. Likes:

Raisor (07-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I was at the game tonight and that 9th inning was one of the most stressful experiences of my Reds fandom. My heart was racing a mile a minute and it didn't calm down until we were walking to Orange Leaf after the game. Aroldis didn't even flinch though and we all erupted in the ballpark when he got that last out! I was especially happy because he shut up this one Pirates fan lady behind me (who wasn't even brave enough to wear Pirates gear to the game, LOL ) who was being really annoying.
    The only Pirate gear she probably owns is from the late 70s and doesn't fit anymore. They come out of the woodwork until about August yelling about raising the Jolly Roger and such. Then they go back into hibernation until about May when they think they might break that 20 year run they've got going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?