Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates 7/21/2013

Re: Reds vs. Pirates 7/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    C'mon.

After the McHenry double Homer looked drenched and gassed. Hoover has good stuff, it seemed obvious that he should have been removed.

Then the next guy gets an RBI single and Homer STILL stays out there.

IMO that was a clear case of letting the starter stay out there too long.

I'm watching on my computer on a delay, so it's hard to post today, but Dusty messed that up IMO.
    You typically spook anytime a pitcher goes past 75 pitches.

I saw no signs of Homer tiring. He was still throwing strikes, had pretty good velocity, good movement and was mostly hitting his spots.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd take a 12-1 K:BB ratio from Homer the rest of the year. Think that is asking too much?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    And with the Cards winning, we may lose the game we gained yesterday.
    That kind of sums up the season...

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    And with the Cards winning, we may lose the game we gained yesterday.
    I have few problems with Baker but this is one.

It's like the playoff games.

He doesn't use his pitchers with urgency.

That guy McHenry had a great at bat, ten pitches. Trust Hoover. He's been red hot lately.

This is a pretty big game IMO.

6. Likes:

remdog (07-21-2013)

Hell, I'm a Baker booster, and I know he blew that call.

8. Likes:

Larkin Fan (07-21-2013),remdog (07-21-2013),Tom Servo (07-21-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    You typically spook anytime a pitcher goes past 75 pitches.

I saw no signs of Homer tiring. He was still throwing strikes, had pretty good velocity, good movement and was mostly hitting his spots.
    Once again a personal comment. Man, you should post on "Being Offensive Zone."

You're right, of course, Homer was great after that McHenry at bat. He was in full command. What's the score, genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Hell, I'm a Baker booster, and I think he blew that call.
    FIFY
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Dusty finally has mercy on Homer. Great effort by Bailey this afternoon, too bad it ended the way it did.
    Yep, pitched better than what's he's going to get.

And a walk to start the Reds's 7th. Pitching change for the Pirates.

McHenry had possibly a game winning AB (playoff like).....finally on pitch #113 he smokes a ball into the gap.....I woulda bet the house that was it. Was Dusty showing great trust in Homer or being a player's manager and trying to get Homer a chance for the win?

We'll never know but I'd brought in relief then and there.

FIFY
    When a modern day pitcher reaches 120 pitches and gives up a ringing double, and the game is tied? I know EXACTLY what you do in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Once again a personal comment. Man, you should post on "Being Offensive Zone."

You're right, of course, Homer was great after that McHenry at bat. He was in full command. What's the score, genius?
    You're offended by me saying you spook easy but reply with this condescending remark and I'm the one that should post on "being offensive zone?"

If you're offended by someone saying you spook easy, then don't spook easy. It wasn't mean as an offensive comment, it was simply a commentary that you do have a habit of worrying the second pitchers give up a hit over 75 pitches. At least own up to your thoughts. They aren't mean to be offensive, but just own them.

Just some helpful advice from a "genius."

16. Likes:

PuffyPig (07-21-2013)

CIFML
    FIFY

You're offended by me saying you spook easy but reply with this condescending remark and I'm the one that should post on "being offensive zone?"

If you're offended by someone saying you spook easy, then don't spook easy. It wasn't mean as an offensive comment, it was simply a commentary that you do have a habit of worrying the second pitchers give up a hit over 75 pitches. At least own up to your thoughts. They aren't mean to be offensive, but just own them.
    My personal posting habits are not a proper subject for RedsZone. Post on the merits of the subject at hand.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Homer was still throwing gas out there.

A couple of ground balls (there first was charitably called a hit) let to his downfall. It's not like anything was smoked out there.

It didn't work out, but IMO Homer was as likely to get out of the jam as anyone in the pen who was likely to be used.

20. Likes:

Brutus (07-21-2013),mth123 (07-21-2013),Stray (07-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?