Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Kenny crushing Dusty on Twitter

High five!

Re: Brian Kenny crushing Dusty on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    A wannabe baseball expert like most everyone else on Redszone. His opinion is no better than anyone else who post on this fourm. He just has a bigger stage for his opinions.
    I still don't know who he his.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    A wannabe baseball expert like most everyone else on Redszone. His opinion is no better than anyone else who post on this fourm. He just has a bigger stage for his opinions.
    This is baseless. He is much more of an expert than probably anyone on this board.

He has a role with SABR and attends analytics conferences. Frequently communicates with the leading analytics people in the industry. Has access to more resources than any of us have. And, the pure fact that he points out how clueless Harold Reynolds is makes him good in my book.

Your post makes you sound like you are bitter towards him for some reason.

4. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (07-22-2013),CesarGeronimo (07-22-2013),dougdirt (07-22-2013),gilpdawg (07-22-2013),joshua (07-23-2013),Raisor (07-22-2013),RedEye (07-22-2013)

Dusty was quoted yesterday as saying he wanted to get Bailey the win, or words to that effect. In connection with the seventh inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Dusty was quoted yesterday as saying he wanted to get Bailey the win, or words to that effect. In connection with the seventh inning.
    Well, he got him the loss....pretty much the same

7. Likes:

joshua (07-23-2013),remdog (07-22-2013),toledodan (07-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    This is baseless. He is much more of an expert than probably anyone on this board.

He has a role with SABR and attends analytics conferences. Frequently communicates with the leading analytics people in the industry. Has access to more resources than any of us have. And, the pure fact that he points out how clueless Harold Reynolds is makes him good in my book.

He is a member of SABR, yes and he's on some committees, a lot of us are as well, not too hard to do all one has to do is join.

9. Likes:

coachpipe (07-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I think he was speaking specifically about Choo. He has 11 steals and has been caught 8 times. WOY, I know you pride yourself on being sarcastic, but you have to admit the Reds' leadoff hitter getting thrown out stealing 8 times is extremely bad, considering he's only stolen 11 bases. How about we stop running him?

We're not talking about Billy Hamilton getting thrown out 8 times stealing. He would likely have 50+ steals to go along with those CS's (not 11).
    Yea, the Reds have done a poor job at stealing bases this year.
    Seems like a good chunk of those caught stealings are on failed hit and run plays. I guess Dusty should use those less often, as he doesn't have that many good contact hitters. However, not really Dusty's fault about the pickoffs (seems like a lot this year). Also, Choo should be able to execute a stolen base.

The Reds are near the bottom of the league in steals. I think it's the bottom 4.
    It's not like Dusty has them running wild. Not sure it's a valid criticism. If Dusty never tried to steal, that would hurt the Reds as well. Kind of like how DanO forced all the minor leaguers to take a strike.. the opponent knew it and exploited it.. So I think Dusty does occasionally need to try some running.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I read Brian Kenny but my read processed this as being Kenny Mayne. Are they the same person?

I think Kenny is not saying anything that hasn't been said once or twice on this board. I guess the issue is similar to complaining about your family. I can complain about my family or friends but you better not say anything bad about them.
    Kenny Mayne is less snarky than Brian Kenny.

The following is my personal opinion. While I often agree with many (not all) of Brian Kenny's views, I find him insufferable to listen to. I think he has a smug, arrogant attitude and he talks down to anyone who disagrees with him, which is a complete turn-off to me. I actually find myself changing the channel and watching MLB Network less often when he is on, which is disappointing since I think he has many excellent viewpoints. However, his delivery and presentation leaves such a bad impression to me that I don't care to hear him.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

12. Likes:

757690 (07-22-2013),Donder (07-22-2013),GradyHatton (07-30-2013),mth123 (07-23-2013),Norm Chortleton (07-22-2013),Old NDN (07-22-2013),reds1869 (07-22-2013),westofyou (07-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-22-2013)

I don't totally disagree with some of this guy's points (though most are undercooked or just wrong), but in the name of all that's good and holy, I can't name anything worse than an ESPN "personality." Crikey.

14. Likes:

757690 (07-22-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (07-22-2013),BoxingRed (07-22-2013)

I used to enjoy Brian Kenny. When he was on ESPN Radio he was very good about furthering discussion using numbers but as well as taking the opinion of analysis's and former players who weren't as SABER inclined as he was. But at some point he went from furthering the discussion to attacking. When he went to attacking it really took away from what he had to say.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-22-2013),Norm Chortleton (07-22-2013)

I'd like to see Kenny square off on camera with someone more competent than Harold Reynolds. Almost any manager or general manager would do.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post

Just my opinion buddy. TFWIW. I'm not bitter at all towards him. In fact he's pretty good for what he does. I just feel like he has better stage for what he does. I'm actually giving most of RZ a compliment. I feel like a good portion of the people on RZ knows as much as Kenney or any other sabermatician or baseball media person. In fact I respect a good number of peoples opinion on RZ about baseball more than just about anyone else you see in the media everyday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I still don't know who he his.
    He works for the MLB Network and has a daily show with Harold Reynolds. He used to be a regular sports anchor with ESPN before that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I saw one episode where Tom Verducci sat in for Harold Reynolds. Now I don't know if Verducci is an actual proponent of the traditional non-saber way of thinking or if he was just being devil's advocate, but Brian Kenny had it dialed back a little bit that day.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    I'd like to see Kenny square off on camera with someone more competent than Harold Reynolds. Almost any manager or general manager would do.
    I've seen him and Reynolds have debates, and usually Reynolds comes out looking rather silly.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

@ Dusty should not have left Homer in after McHenry reached base. That was my move during the AB...he gets on, lets get him out of there at 115.

There, does that make me on a par with Brian Kenny?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

23. Likes:

toledodan (07-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?