Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The Big Ten gets to claim Nebraska and Penn State, if you are setting parameters. Changes your narrative some.
    Why? Because they played Big Ten teams on the path to the title? That's just an absurd argument.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Why? Because they played Big Ten teams on the path to the title? That's just an absurd argument.
    Aren't they members of the Big Ten?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Actually, it's facts meet reality.
    I disagree, Auburn was not "top tier" prior to Bo Jackson. Dem's some arguable facts.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Aren't they members of the Big Ten?
    Yes, but they weren't when they won the titles in question. Why should the B1G get credit for that when it had nothing to do with it? Would you give the Reds credit for Griffey Jr.'s numbers in Seattle?

Just as a quick follow up: look at Nebraska. If the B1G gets to claim Nebraska's titles as its own, is it now the B1G's position that it won two National Titles in 1997 - one for Michigan and one for Nebraska?

I feel like I'm watching a coversation between Mark May and Clay Travis after they polished off a bottle of Patron.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-25-2013),jimbo (11-25-2013),LoganBuck (11-25-2013),RiverRat13 (11-25-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    FSU vs OSU? How about Baylor vs OSU. I would argue they should be ranked ahead of OSU in the 3 spot. That defensive performance against Illinois was a freaking joke.

The latest ESPN flavor of the week flop on the national stage.

No top 20 road wins since 1991 and no wins in Stillwater since 1939.
    Last edited by oregonred; 11-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Go ahead and throw in shared titles: the picture isn't any rosier. And just for the record, I can't stand UL. But for Ohio State fans to rank their program amongst the first tier programs when Big Ten national championships are less frequent than cicada invasions is pure comedy gold. Of course, its indicative of the arrogance some (but certainly not most) Ohio State fans lovingly embrace. Don't worry though, this alarming trend of conference mediocrity will end soon: Rutgers and Maryland will soon be here to save the day. Look out SEC!
    If you don't think OSU is a "first tier" program in college football then you're being a troll and should probably find another thread to post in. End of discussion. Why I'm even wasting energy responding to this, I don't know.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-25-2013)

So apparently the Mirror Lake jump is being regulated this year and you have to have a wrist band and go through an official enterance and exit. I guess this was only a matter of time, but still seems disappointing to rain on this tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So apparently the Mirror Lake jump is being regulated this year and you have to have a wrist band and go through an official enterance and exit. I guess this was only a matter of time, but still seems disappointing to rain on this tradition.
    An OSU spokesperson was talking about "safety" on the news today. I'm guessing the attorneys finally convinced the right person that it was a liability. It wouldn't be surprising if they have to sign a waiver to get the wristband, too.

There are rumors floating that Gardner injured his right arm and may not go on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    There are rumors floating that Gardner injured his right arm and may not go on Saturday.
    Oh Lord, backup QB gets his 15 minutes of fame time leading his team to a gargantuan upset. Or Hoke ordered the SID to start the rumor to give the Buckeyes something else to think about. Sounds like something Woody or Bo either one would do.

Edit: Nah, that's giving Hoke way too much credit. That is too complicated for him.
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-25-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Yes, but they weren't when they won the titles in question. Why should the B1G get credit for that when it had nothing to do with it? Would you give the Reds credit for Griffey Jr.'s numbers in Seattle?
    What was your original point? I thought it was to discredit the strength of the programs in the Big Ten. If that was your intention well then hell ya, you better believe those National Championships Nebraska and Penn State won before they joined the Big Ten has an affect on the quality of their prestige.

Also: you realize how big of a troll this makes you look in an OSU thread, right?

Watching the game from block O, I realized:

- How good Shazier is.
    - I how poor the rest of the LBs are. #37 was lost on about 1/4 of the plays.
    - how much Indiana didn't throw against Roby.
    - and how much they picked on #12 Grant. Big time.
    - and how much fun it is to sit with the students.

My daughter got her wristband today. She's not sure if its a badge of honor or a sign of stupidity. Also, its only been since about 1990 that they've jumped in Mirror Lake. Somewhat of a tradition, but not a long time one.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What was your original point? I thought it was to discredit the strength of the programs in the Big Ten. If that was your intention well then hell ya, you better believe those National Championships Nebraska and Penn State won before they joined the Big Ten has an affect on the quality of their prestige.

Also: you realize how big of a troll this makes you look in an OSU thread, right?
    I'm sorry you don't like to read what I'm typing. But it's been a very long time since the B1G, or any program in it, has dominated college football. Fifteen years at best if you insist on counting Nebraska's pre-B1G titles. Much, much longer if you don't. Some (but not most) Ohio State fans are all too quick to point out the chinks in everyone else's armor, while blissfully ignoring their own. If I'm a troll for calling that out, then so be it. I won't belabor the point though - no more posts on the subject from me.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?