Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

2. Likes:

BillDoran (08-27-2013),Brutus (08-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Only Buckeye fans can understand a college football rivalry
    Nobody claimed this, unless I missed it. It's stuff like this that makes people think you are trolling. Which I realize you probably don't care, but in case you're honestly confused.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Hey I have an idea, why don't we just talk about football.

True or false the Buckeyes will score 56+ this weekend. I say true.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Nobody claimed this, unless I missed it. It's stuff like this that makes people think you are trolling. Which I realize you probably don't care, but in case you're honestly confused.
    Actually...."unconfuse" me with this....How is this not suggesting that a fan of an SEC team couldn't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Yep. Nothing wrong that. Although some will find fault in the way Urban wipes himself. No shock there lol. I am glad that Urban understands beating Michigan is the #1 priority with that football program and Woody just ripped up a heaven yard marker in appreciation.

If you write for the ACC or root for the SEC, then you might not "get it". This story does not have any spice to it.

I neither started the "rivalry contest" nor framed this as an in to discuss "SEC".

Those who think I'm trolling are seeing a post that isn't all waving pom poms and are reading what they want to read rather than what was written.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post

The Buckeyes don't have a "real" game until their 5th week. That's a long time to wait for a little nervous anticipation.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'll take the over as well. Taking your question one step further, who accounts for more TDs: Braxton Miller, or all of the other players on the field for either team combined?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The Buckeyes don't have a "real" game until their 5th week. That's a long time to wait for a little nervous anticipation.
    Road trip to Cal in Week 3 could be a bit of a game, just in terms of travel.

Road trip to Cal in Week 3 could be a bit of a game, just in terms of travel.
    They'll probably be favored by 21 though. But ya, I didn't account for the away game aspect.

True. I think Ohio State puts up between 63-77.

My prediction: Ohio State 66 Buffalo 10

And though Cal wasn't good at all last year, they did give OSU a run for their money. They also have a new head coach in Sonny Dykes that had juggernaut offenses at LTU. They only lost to Texas A&M by two with the score being 59-57.

With that being said they also will be starting a guy at QB with no game experience, and last season LTU probably would have blown out Cal.

So OSU should handle Cal.
    Last edited by Red Buckeye; 08-27-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

jredmo2

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...story-20130827

• In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.

For a Level Playing Field

"may have"... two key words? Two key words that are used to allow a story, that may not be true, to be written/told.

The writer of the story may have stretched the truth. The writer may have an ax to grind over Urban. The writer may have an agenda to get the story sold.

MAY HAVE... MAY NOT HAVE. See how one more word changes the story?

I am sick of the Aaron Hernandez crap. Bill Belichick is listed as being so tough as to be ready to cut him anytime, even after handing him a gigantic contract 9 months prior to that.

We get it, Urban Meyer and Ohio State make some of you feel insecure.

JoJo, don't you have an SEC thread to be posting in?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

15. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

We get it, Urban Meyer and Ohio State make some of you feel insecure
    Actually, I dont think you get it at all.

Ok, We get it. There are those that hate OSU. Go find some other thread to post on. Geez!

But I get tired of this reasoning that basically, and with extreme prejudice, singles out the Buckeye's schedule the first 3-4 weeks, and says they don't play anybody.

Take a good, hard look around college football, because for the most part all these programs are doing it, have those "cupcake" games somewhere on their schedule.

No, I don't like it. But why just single out OSU? Be objective. Go after them all.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-28-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Ok, We get it. There are those that hate OSU. Go find some other thread to post on. Geez!

But I get tired of this reasoning that basically, and with extreme prejudice, singles out the Buckeye's schedule the first 3-4 weeks, and says they don't play anybody.

Take a good, hard look around college football, because for the most part all these programs are doing it, have those "cupcake" games somewhere on their schedule.

No, I don't like it. But why just single out OSU? Be objective. Go after them all.
    Bama's schedule is IMHO unfairly easy (and I think they've traditionally had one the easiest schedules in the SEC annually). It's a flawed system for determining a champion... As the fix is in almost from preseason. At least conference championship games and a pseudo playoff place a roadblock. BTW, no one singled out OSU for starting the season with 4 cupcake games. I merely wondered how a fan could get excited to watch their first 4 games.

Also the extreme prejudice characterization is a bit crazy especially given that you were offended by the incorrect assumption that OSU was being attacked and responded by defending their schedule by saying "everyone does it!". Apparently if someone actually had attacked OSU's strength of schedule you at least would have had to concede the point.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?