Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think the turning point in the coverage was Sandusky. That was so bad and so real, that it made it hard to drum up outrage for menial items like selling jerseys or autographs. Ohio State's national appeal/image had something to do with the coverage difference as well, but I think it that happened this year instead of 2010 it would still be covered very differently and the punishment would be less severe as well.
    Another factor is that its painfully obvious that college football is making insane amounts of money and its becoming increasingly difficult the disparity between the worth of a football program and the benefits a student athlete receives to pass the "gut" test.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

OK so who does everyone have winning this weekend?

Surprise surprise Mark "I lied about going to the UM-ND game" May thinks Wisconsin wins.

So do a lot of the national pundits.

I am really surprised by this and am hoping they don't know something we don't know, but I have OSU winning by 3 TD's.

I think our team plays jacked up with the rabid home crowd, and I think our 2 QB's will give Wisconsin fits all game.

Ohio State 42 Wisconsin 21 is my prediction.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

It will be a typical OSU/Wiscy game, close to the end, Bucks scoring late to make it 31-20.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

It's tough because we don't really know a lot about this team due to the weak schedule so far. If we are as good as I think we are this is going to be a complete blow out, like 48-17.

There are a ton of question marks for OSU. How healthy is Braxton, how much rust will he show, how much mental confidence does he have in his knee? OSU hasn't really been tested, even less against the run on a team that is replacing 6/7 of its front 4 and outside of Shazier has question marks at linebacker.

The key for OSU is to get out to an early lead, force Wisky away from running the ball. So far this season, this team has been good at coming out and scoring quickly in the 1st quarter. If they can replicate that, and get an early 2 TD lead, they could cruise to an easy victory. however, if Wisky can gain momentum early, establish the run and melt the clock away, it could be a rough day for OSU. I don't think this ends up a close game (ie under 10 points) but either team could be on the winning end, I'll give OSU a 75% chance of being the team to come out on the winning edge, but to ignore the question marks would be foolish.

Wisconsin hasn't played anyone yet either. So they aren't exactly a known quantity...new coach, weak opponents, run heavy possession offense, does D have necessary speed to stop the Buckeyes....
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Arizona State is pretty good. Granted, Wisconsin lost that game (or had it stolen from them depending on who you ask).

Ohio State should win every game on their schedule, but Wisconsin always makes me nervous.

I think this is Urban's first game with all of "his" troops playing a quality opponent. Miller may be rusty but I think OSU has to go with him for the entire game. If they play well I think its a 2 score game. The talent level is just skewed to OSU's advantage. Wisconsin will need to run the ball and keep the score down in order to have a chance.

Overall pretty happy with the game last night. Didn't love the play calling late in the game as we had the opportunity and really should have put that away and won by 2 or 3 scores. Credit Wisconsin as well for having the throw and doing a good job of doing so. Abracadabra just abused Roby and I was pretty stunned by that. Secondary in general had some issues and losing Bryant to a broken ankle isn't going to help.

I'm heading to Chicago next weekend for the Northwestern game and can't wait, should be a good one.

Had a great time in Chicago and at Ryan Field on Saturday. Glad the rain came in early.

I was looking at the Buckeyes' remaining schedule and realizing just how atrocious the Big Ten is this year. Not OSU's fault, of course. Michigan might be back on track after almost losing to two of the worst teams in the country in Akron and UConn, though, so that still may be a pretty stiff test. But OSU shouldn't be seriously tested until then. Assuming someone beats either Oregon or Alabama, things are looking awfully good for an OSU visit to the championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I was looking at the Buckeyes' remaining schedule and realizing just how atrocious the Big Ten is this year. Not OSU's fault, of course. Michigan might be back on track after almost losing to two of the worst teams in the country in Akron and UConn, though, so that still may be a pretty stiff test. But OSU shouldn't be seriously tested until then. Assuming someone beats either Oregon or Alabama, things are looking awfully good for an OSU visit to the championship game.
    Actually, they'd better be looking in their rear view mirrors at Stanford and FSU and depending upon how Georgia runs the table, the Dawgs.

Given the OSU schedule and the increasing national sentiment that the Big 10 is down, there is no gurantee that OSU won't be leap-frogged. Oregon could lose to Stanford and OSU could still find itself behind both schools. The FSU/Clemson game should be musct see tv for Buckeye nation.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

No one with a loss (Georgia) is leap-frogging OSU. Even if they did, it would mean UGA beat Bama, knocking Bama below the Buckeyes. Stanford, were they to beat Oregon, probably would get the nod. Florida State suffers the same issue Ohio State does in that the ACC is pretty lousy as a whole. They at least have Clemson as another top team to point to in that league, but I still do not think going undefeated against the ACC schedule would be enough to jump Ohio State. It could be close if Florida is highly rated when FSU plays and (obviously in this scenario) beats them.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No one with a loss (Georgia) is leap-frogging OSU. Even if they did, it would mean UGA beat Bama, knocking Bama below the Buckeyes. Stanford, were they to beat Oregon, probably would get the nod. Florida State suffers the same issue Ohio State does in that the ACC is pretty lousy as a whole. They at least have Clemson as another top team to point to in that league, but I still do not think going undefeated against the ACC schedule would be enough to jump Ohio State. It could be close if Florida is highly rated when FSU plays and (obviously in this scenario) beats them.
    Bama had a loss each of the last two seasons and did not get significantly dinged lower in the polls. I'm just saying, I wouldn't count any chickens if your schedule is considered weak. For instance, Louisville has virtually no chance of being in the BCS championship game although they started in the top ten and look like they'll run the table. And right now there is a compelling case to be made that Oregon, Stanford, Bama, FSU and Clemson are all better teams than OSU. Vegas doesn't even think OSU is better than Georgia, A&M, or LSU-all one loss teams. There is what one thinks should happen to their team and then there is what the system that is in it's last year because of the arguments it has caused does to one's team.

Turn Off Ads?