Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

As a life long OSU football fan, I'm grown pretty accostumed to ESPN and others painting OSU in a negative picture. Ever seen Mark May's schtick? Trev Alberts? How many times did we have to hear that Jim Tressel's offense was boring following a big win? Remember Maurice Clarett? Are you still awaiting your invite to Eddie George's graduation cermony from medical school? Have you heard that Andy Katzenmoyor took golf and an AIDS awareness class?

If you're not just trolling, as you say and are sincere in asking if OSU fans are ready for OSU to be painted in a negative light by ESPN and others, then I'm pretty sure I can answer for most OSU fans. Yes, yes we are ready for the program to be painted in a negative light, b/c ESPN and others have been taking every opportunity to do so for about as long as I've been a fan. I think I saw the other day that there have been 9 arrests in the last calander year for OSU football players, the exact same amount as Georgia, and I'm guessing a similar amount, sadly, to most other major football programs.

Urban is trying to win football game, not raise choir boys. I wish he won every game, did so with future saints and nobel prize winners, but that's just not reality. Not at Ohio State, not at Auburn, not at Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, Geogria, USC, Oregon, Miami, etc... The fact that some in the media were trying to attach blame to Urban for the Aaron Hernandez story is sad, but not surprsing. Had Urban kicked him off the team or not recruited the kid for being a witness to a shooting some years prior, the story would not have been NFLer suspect in murder case, it would have been, remember that guy who used to play at football, he's being investigated for murder. In otherwords a non story b/c the guy was no longer famous. Urban, the University of Florida, the SEC, the NCAA, the Patriots, nor the NFL had any role in that murder. To suggest otherwise is simply someone trying to garner attention for their writing.

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-29-2013),RedTeamGo! (07-25-2013),Revering4Blue (07-26-2013)

Turn Off Ads?