Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Michigan and Michigan State this week. Just curious who Ohio State fans root for this year. I would assume Michigan State because that would be a stronger Big Ten Championship game bump for OSU. I know Michigan is the big rivalry game and having them week before with only one loss might be appealing but having watched them both I think Michigan State has stronger resume. As a ND fan I want MSU just because we beat them and that strengthens them.

Just curious
    Probably doesn't matter if two of FSU, Oregon and Alabama are undefeated at the end of the year. It might make a difference in the polls against an undefeated Miami or one loss Alabama so yeah, I'm rooting for MSU. Also doesn't hurt to root for any team the Buckeyes have beat or will still play to beat teams OSU doesn't play. Minnesota and Nebraska winning a bunch of games hurt the Buckeyes chances of holding ground against undefeated teams currently behind them or a one loss SEC team. None of this matters when it comes to jumping one of the current top three teams as long as they stay perfect.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 11-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Michigan and Michigan State this week. Just curious who Ohio State fans root for this year. I would assume Michigan State because that would be a stronger Big Ten Championship game bump for OSU.
    I picked MSU in our weekly poll.

Both of these teams have so-so (struggling) offenses. Add MSU's superb defensive to that mix and I knew the Wolverines would have a tough time of it.

I almost wanted to feel sorry for Gardner..... almost

And -48 yds rushing? LOL

I think MSU will give OSU a better game because of their defense.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You will have a hard time convincing me that anyone is playing better than OSU right now. Braxton is playing at a level last seen by Troy Smith during his Heisman season. Actually I think Braxton is more dangerous when you add in his legs as well as his passing.

MSU winning over Michigan was a good thing for OSU. Lets assume OSU goes undefeated heading into the game in Ann Arbor, even if Michigan was also undefeated, beating them in Ann Arbor wasn't going to turn a bunch of heads (some maybe, but certainly not enough to jump them over an undefeated FSU, Oregon or Alabama), turning around and beating them again a week later in Indy was going to turn even less heads (though as an OSU fan, it would kind of be fun to knock off Michigan two weeks in a row; likely the only chance that could have ever happened)

In all reality, the national perpection and story line, no matter if its right or wrong, is that OSU has not beaten anyone, the Big 10 is terrible, the champion of the conference, no matter how many they've won in a row would be a middle of the pack team in the SEC, ACC or Pac 12. I've already seen the story lines being written about a potential OSU vs MSU BIG championship game. Michigan State's defense is all world, they're going to slow down Braxton and Co, they're going to give them fits, that game will prove that Ohio State doesn't belong anywhere near the top. That's the story line that already being presented, and frankly Michigan State is potential opponent that can provide a "BIG" storyline moving forward. I'm not sure if Mark May realized it or not when he started creating that storyline the other night; surely he was using it as an opportunity to take yet another shot at Ohio State, but he started creating a perception thats likely to be repeated over the next couple of weeks that in reality helps OSU, or at least gives them a chance to change the national perception. If OSU can sweep thru the rest of the season, and head to Indy against an 11-1 Michigan State and blow the doors off that defense, people will be forced to take notice. Probably too late to matter, but at least it gives OSU a small chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You will have a hard time convincing me that anyone is playing better than OSU right now. Braxton is playing at a level last seen by Troy Smith during his Heisman season. Actually I think Braxton is more dangerous when you add in his legs as well as his passing.
    Florida St. basically just destroyed the #7 team in the country. OSU just destroyed Purdude, maybe the 7th worst team in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Florida St. basically just destroyed the #7 team in the country. OSU just destroyed Purdude, maybe the 7th worst team in the country.
    The sun rises in the east. America won the Revolutionary War.

Wait we are playing a game where we state two facts that have nothing to do with each other right?

Just keep punching whoever is set in front of them.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    FSU was a 21 point favorite over Miami. Everyone in talking about Miami realized that they were very overrated at #7. Miami's best win this season is over a 4-3 Florida team.

But right now we have arbitrarily decided which conferences are good and which are bad. We have decided which teams deserve to be ranked high and which teams don't. Right now I think you can say that MSU and Wisconsin are playing some good football to go along with OSU. At the same time Stanford is a highly ranked team because of a lofty preseason ranking? Don't get me wrong, the B1G has been down for a number of years, but the depths that many are putting the conference at is reaching epic proportions.

I don't know how good this OSU team. I do know that the last couple highly ranked OSU teams did fairly well in bowl games, beating Oregon and Arkansas. Can they stack up with an Alabama defense or an explosive Oregon offense? I have no idea, but with Miller and the WR's clicking with Hyde running possessed this offense will be tough to stop.

10. Likes:

BillDoran (11-04-2013),HeatherC1212 (11-05-2013),Revering4Blue (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The sun rises in the east. America won the Revolutionary War.

Wait we are playing a game where we state two facts that have nothing to do with each other right?
    I was responding to your comment about you cannot be convinced anyone is playing better than OSU right now.

My response was that Florida State just destroyed the #7 team in the country, which in my opinion is a much better win than beating the tar out of the horrendous 1-7 Purdue. My point is that Florida State,in my opinion, is currently playing better than Ohio State. I would also argue Alabama is absolutely playing better ball than OSU.

disclaimer: I love Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    FSU was a 21 point favorite over Miami. Everyone in talking about Miami realized that they were very overrated at #7. Miami's best win this season is over a 4-3 Florida team.

But right now we have arbitrarily decided which conferences are good and which are bad. We have decided which teams deserve to be ranked high and which teams don't. Right now I think you can say that MSU and Wisconsin are playing some good football to go along with OSU. At the same time Stanford is a highly ranked team because of a lofty preseason ranking? Don't get me wrong, the B1G has been down for a number of years, but the depths that many are putting the conference at is reaching epic proportions.

I don't know how good this OSU team. I do know that the last couple highly ranked OSU teams did fairly well in bowl games, beating Oregon and Arkansas. Can they stack up with an Alabama defense or an explosive Oregon offense? I have no idea, but with Miller and the WR's clicking with Hyde running possessed this offense will be tough to stop.
    I think Ohio State is a very good team and playing very well right now, BUT I am not about to get all excited about beating a downright terrible Purdue team and compare the win to FSU's win over an "overrated" undefeated Miami team. Miami would beat Purdue by 40.

Ohio State can beat everyone 100-0 the rest of the way and it will not matter unless two of FSU, Alabama and Oregon lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ohio State can beat everyone 100-0 the rest of the way and it will not matter unless two of FSU, Alabama and Oregon lose.
    And, pretty much every year there is a lot of hand wringing about "what if there are nineteen undefeated teams," and there is rarely two, let alone four.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

15. Likes:

BillDoran (11-04-2013),Revering4Blue (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And, pretty much every year there is a lot of hand wringing about "what if there are nineteen undefeated teams," and there is rarely two, let alone four.
    I'm going to bet we end up with Ohio State vs. Florida St playing for it all and that will be a really fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm going to bet we end up with Ohio State vs. Florida St playing for it all and that will be a really fun game.
    That would be sweet. But I think there is only one slot available in the BCS Championship Game for a non-SEC team.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?