Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Odd that SI would get an acknowledged OU fan to do an expose about Okie St. Also odd they would go after Okie St. It's like going after Purdue.
    I think for their narrative, they wanted to target a program that has made a fairly recent jump to national prominence concerning.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just hope Meyer starts Guiton this week. And I'm not afraid to say I'm a little concerned about this game. OSU's D, especially backfield, is gonna get tested. They gave us a heck of a game last year in Columbus, and IMO, we could have very easily lost it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Osu 49
    cal 14

This Cal isn't nearly as good as least years Cal team, and that's saying something. Also, our D is much better than last years D as well.

I would say I am concerned if Miller doesn't start, but Guiton would be the starting QB on 85% of the teams out there. He is more than capable.

Buckeyes roll in this one 38-14.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Guitton looking good. 21-0 with 9 min left in the first.

Can't believe how fortunate we are to have a starting caliber QB as our backup.

Bush league sideline hit by Shazier. I hate when I see that from teams I follow. He ought to be benched.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Bush league sideline hit by Shazier. I hate when I see that from teams I follow. He ought to be benched.
    If it wasn't the QB, it probably wasn't even called. I'm not even sure a cleat had hit the ground out of bounds. Looked like a knee jerk, NFL-like, oops, can't hit the QB type penalty.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Absurd rule changes:

helmet comes off, defender must take himself out of play. Failure to do so is a 15 yard penalty. If its an offensive guy, the play is whistled dead immediately.

Did they really have to change a longstanding touchback rule with ball going to 20. What is the 5 yards meant to affect?

Ongoing stupidity rule is celebration. You can prance around after a good defensive stop, or a good catch, but not after a score or change of possession. Plus, the refs are hawking the players after a score, warning them not to celebrate.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Absurd rule changes:

helmet comes off, defender must take himself out of play. Failure to do so is a 15 yard penalty. If its an offensive guy, the play is whistled dead immediately.
    I agree. The rule has good intentions but an offensive lineman can just intentionally knock his defender's helmet off and it's a penalty on the defense. Perhaps they need to tweak it a bit to where it's whistled dead no matter what.

Did they really have to change a longstanding touchback rule with ball going to 20. What is the 5 yards meant to affect?
    It's another safety rule. They figure the receiving team would rather have the sure start on the 25 than risking a runback and players potentially getting hurt. It also makes the kicking team kick it to the goal line where the receiving team can't take a knee for a touchback and the kicking team can stop them inside the 25 and also allow for the possibility of a long return.

Ongoing stupidity rule is celebration. You can prance around after a good defensive stop, or a good catch, but not after a score or change of possession. Plus, the refs are hawking the players after a score, warning them not to celebrate.
    That one's pretty silly too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Buckeye fans showed up this weekend. That crowd was at least 60% Ohio State. I know Cal isn't that good, but they should be embarrassed they let that happen at their home stadium.

I believe both rules go back to last season. I know the kick off one does, I thought the helmet one did as well, though I'm not sure about the 15 yard penalty. If its a safety thing, they should absolutely stop play under the player who's helmet came off (for whatever reason) is on the sidelines. If he's healthy, let him back in the next play, but don't let him linger on the field, perhaps in confusion from recieving a blow hard enough to knock his helmet off and risk further injury.

Gotta be impressed w/ Guiton, I wonder if his play the last 2 weeks has put him in the minds of some NFL GM as a potential non-drafted roster invitee w/ a chance as the 3rd string QB running the practice squad.

I don't know if he has the NFL measurables in terms of height or not, but I think many teams could do worse for their 3rd string QB sitting on the practice squad (which I think by nature of the practice squad means it has to be a fairly young QB with little to no NFL experience, can't just stash a washed up 8 year vet on the practice squad as your 3rd string QB)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Gotta be impressed w/ Guiton, I wonder if his play the last 2 weeks has put him in the minds of some NFL GM as a potential non-drafted roster invitee w/ a chance as the 3rd string QB running the practice squad.

I don't know if he has the NFL measurables in terms of height or not, but I think many teams could do worse for their 3rd string QB sitting on the practice squad (which I think by nature of the practice squad means it has to be a fairly young QB with little to no NFL experience, can't just stash a washed up 8 year vet on the practice squad as your 3rd string QB)

Dane Brugler of NFLDraftScout.com said it's too early to say whether or not Ohio State senior QB Kenny Guiton is a draft prospect.

Guiton completed 21 of 32 attempts for 276 yards and four touchdowns and ran for 92 yards in a 52-34 victory over Cal on Saturday. "Next level evaluators love raw, talented players who show the physical ability and mental make-up that can be developed, especially at the quarterback position," Brugler wrote. "Last year the San Francisco 49ers drafted former South Florida quarterback B.J. Daniels in the seventh round after a lackluster career at South Florida, but the Niners saw a worthwhile project. And it wouldn't be surprising if a NFL team thought the same about Guiton next May." Head coach Urban Meyer has insinuated that Guiton could see the field even when Braxton Miller returns from injury.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...llege-football
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Good article about how the media has "evolved" on their stance of college athletes taking extra benefits since Tatgate:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/0...-state-alabama

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Good article about how the media has "evolved" on their stance of college athletes taking extra benefits since Tatgate:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/0...-state-alabama
    I think the turning point in the coverage was Sandusky. That was so bad and so real, that it made it hard to drum up outrage for menial items like selling jerseys or autographs. Ohio State's national appeal/image had something to do with the coverage difference as well, but I think it that happened this year instead of 2010 it would still be covered very differently and the punishment would be less severe as well.

Turn Off Ads?