Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

^^^

And if Alabama goes undefeated this season, I think most, if not all (at least rational, which is somewhat limiting) OSU fans will understand why Alabama is in the national title game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The difference (at least in Alabama's case) is that they now have to face LSU, Auburn and either South Carolina or Mizzou in order to stay undefeated. All three are vastly superior to anything Ohio State has left (save for MAYBE Michigan State).
    If Bama finishes the regular season undefated, they will have earned it. Also, Baylor could and should leapfrog OSU if Baylor wins out.

If OSU finishes undefeated, it means they didn't lose to several teams that will in all likelihood have losing records in conference play-a conference that is weak.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I think Baylor is clearly going to leapfrog OSU. Probably this week. OSU's best case probably would be against FSU, as their schedule to date isn't really that great, either, and they face #69 Syracuse, #79 Wake and #173 Idaho (rankings according to Sagarin) the next three. But even though neither is great, finishing up with a game in the Swamp against UF and probably an ACC title game against Miami should keep them comfortably ahead of the Buckeyes.

That Oklahoma team I watched last night was not a better football team than Wisconsin or Michigan State...

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-08-2013),VottoFan54 (11-09-2013)

top 20 teams rarely get trucked twice in conference play, heck twice in a month. Oklahoma clearly doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 10. Nothing against Baylor, obviously you're doing something right when you truck a ranked team in conference play, but other than the current rating which appears to be inflated, beating Oklahoma may be no special shakes this year.

It will be interesting to see what Wisconsin does vs BYU this weekend, who beat Texas who trucked Oklahoma. As I mentioned above, you can't really take that much seperation and truely compare a handful of teams thru several layer of games, but if Wisconsin handles BYU the way I think they will, it probably says something about the state of the B12 that Texas is undefeated thru at this point. If BYU keeps it tight, or knocks off Wisconsin, it probably says a lot of about the state of the B10.

FSU and Bama, if they go undefeated, should be in over Ohio State, but my list stops there.

I have no respect for the Big 12. Oklahoma is not better than Wisconsin, and Oklahoma St is not better than Michigan State. TCU is a flaming turd, and Texas is,... well a flawed Texas team. That is the "gauntlet" that Baylor has to run.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Baylor also has Texas Tech (#30 in Sagarin). Oklahoma State is #13, Oklahoma was #21 (prior to last night), Texas is #23 and K-State is #28.

Wisconsin is #6, but the second best team on OSU's schedule is #38 Michigan. Should it all work out, Michigan State is #15.

All in all, I would rate an undefeated Baylor well ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Baylor also has Texas Tech (#30 in Sagarin). Oklahoma State is #13, Oklahoma was #21 (prior to last night), Texas is #23 and K-State is #28.

Wisconsin is #6, but the second best team on OSU's schedule is #38 Michigan. Should it all work out, Michigan State is #15.

All in all, I would rate an undefeated Baylor well ahead of an undefeated Ohio State.
    How does a schedule with #6 and #15 in your stupid rankings not "well ahead" of Baylor's?

What's stupid about Sagarin?

#6 and #15 are fine, but the rest is dreck.

I'd say a schedule with #13, #21, #23, #28 and #30 (2 of which are true road games - neither Wisky or MSU are road games for Ohio State) is tougher and much more difficult to navigate without a loss. Which Baylor may well not do, by the by.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Buffalo is relatively decent for being a cupcake. Good shot at winning the MAC.
    I was flipping through Baylor's results, and I saw that they beat Buffalo 70-13. Yikes. Buffalo is 7-0 since that game (they needed 5 OTs to beat Stony Brook the next week but have been solid since).

It's just one of many different ways to analyze the teams.

Should Ohio State get any credit for having won 21 games in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Not in my opinion. They should only get credit for the 9 in a rown they've won this year.

Baylor is not going undefeated. Not even a remote possibility. For Ohio State, it will come down to either FSU or Bama losing somewhere. I would say the chances of both going undefeated is slim.

So I think OSU at this point has a great shot at the BCS National Title game. And even if they get snubbed because people think undefeated FSU and Alabama are better, there is no reason OSU can't put up a national championship banner if they finish 14-0. It doesn't have to say BCS on it, but if they go without a loss in two years they are the champs. I don't care what anyone in the media or the BCS says. No other team in the country would be able to say they did what OSU did, so they would be the true champions.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Baylor is not going undefeated. Not even a remote possibility. For Ohio State, it will come down to either FSU or Bama losing somewhere. I would say the chances of both going undefeated is slim.

So I think OSU at this point has a great shot at the BCS National Title game. And even if they get snubbed because people think undefeated FSU and Alabama are better, there is no reason OSU can't put up a national championship banner if they finish 14-0. It doesn't have to say BCS on it, but if they go without a loss in two years they are the champs. I don't care what anyone in the media or the BCS says. No other team in the country would be able to say they did what OSU did, so they would be the true champions.
    Does that mean The University of Toledo from the mid 70s that went three years undefeated are national champions?

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    It's just one of many different ways to analyze the teams.

There's a reason they didn't get credit for the 12 from last year. But no, regardless, last year doesn't count for this year. The Buckeyes are 9-0 not 21-0.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?