Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Clemson beat Georgia before Georgia lost half of their starters to injury. Personally, I don't think OSU really wants any part of Clemson on a neutral field.
    OSU afraid of Clemson?

Dude, c'mon. Look at the recruiting classes of the last couple seasons. Ohio State has waaay more talent then Clemson.

I don't think Clemson's D would have an answer for Ohio State.

Urban Meyer> whomever Clemson's coach is. Meyer wins and wins alot. Period. Personally, I think Wisconsin would crush Clemson as well.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Clemson has not been impressive this year outside of the first game. Winning close against NC State, Boston College, and Maryland. Clemson is good, but they were clearly overrated at #3.
    Not to mention the fact that FSU beat them by a million in their own place.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Clemson has not been impressive this year outside of the first game. Winning close against NC State, Boston College, and Maryland. Clemson is good, but they were clearly overrated at #3.
    I don't think Clemson is the third best team in the country either but I don't buy that they aren't a legit top ten team.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    OSU afraid of Clemson?

Dude, c'mon. Look at the recruiting classes of the last couple seasons. Ohio State has waaay more talent then Clemson.

I don't think Clemson's D would have an answer for Ohio State.

Urban Meyer> whomever Clemson's coach is. Meyer wins and wins alot. Period. Personally, I think Wisconsin would crush Clemson as well.
    I think you watch too much big 10 football and not enough from outside the conference.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I think you watch too much big 10 football and not enough from outside the conference.

Go back and look at the recruiting rankings the last few years. Urban Meyer just wins. The Buckeyes haven't lost in nearly 2 years. Clemson always starts off ranked high and always disappoints.

People seem to be obsessed with what they perceive as a weak schedule for OSU, yet OSU has actually beaten a good quality top 25 team.

OSU's big win was against a Wisconsin team that should be a top 10 team. Aside from their win at Arizona State that the refs incorrectly said was a loss, Wisconsin's only loss was to the undefeated Buckeyes.

Clemson has ZERO wins against teams that will be in the top 25 after this week. In their only game against a quality team they got crushed by FSU. Yes, FSU is a damn good team, but if Clemson was as good as you think they would have at least gave FSU a game.

Ohio State has better players and better coaches, and the end result is a better team.

I'm not saying Clemson wouldn't give them a good game, but if you actually believe your statement "Personally, I don't think OSU really wants any part of Clemson on a neutral field" then I find it hard to take anything else you say regarding college football seriously.

You honestly believe Clemson would destroy OSU? Or did you mean it would be a good game when you said "Personally, I don't think OSU really wants any part of Clemson on a neutral field"?
    Last edited by Red Buckeye; 11-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Maybe we should pay more attention to the SEC so we could watch them go 2-8 against ranked teams from other conferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Maybe we should pay more attention to the SEC so we could watch them go 2-6 against ranked teams from other conferences?
    Does Auburn ever have a Qb that isn't a deadbeat, thief, or a criminal that was cut from another SEC team?

And imagine how bad you have to be for an SEC team to get rid of you...
    Last edited by Cedric; 11-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I watched a top ten SEC juggernaut throttle Washington State by 7 earlier this year.

Wow that was so impressive.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Does Auburn ever have a Qb that isn't a deadbeat, thief, or a criminal that was cut from another SEC team?

And imagine how bad you have to be for an SEC team to get rid of you...
    Sorry you feel the need to insult other teams rather than argue the case for yours. I think it means you actually do know the score

Maybe we should pay more attention to the SEC so we could watch them go 2-8 against ranked teams from other conferences?
    OSU hasn't lost in two seasons and still isn't ranked high enough to play in the championship game. Why is that?

OSU hasn't lost in two seasons and still isn't ranked high enough to play in the championship game. Why is that?
    They're ranked 3rd and still have a really good chance to play for the championship. Why is that?

They're ranked 3rd and still have a really good chance to play for the championship. Why is that?
    They need people to lose. They need people to lose, including teams BEHIND them.

They need people to lose. They need people to lose, including teams BEHIND them.
    That is simply not true. It's possible but not likely.

OSU is simply the great unknown. They didn't play in a bowl game last year and haven't played a relevant out of conference game since Urban showed up. It will be sort of like those old BYU Holiday Bowl teams, only coming from a major school.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I have a feeling the narrative is going to start changing a bit over the next few weeks. FSU's wins don't look as good as they have in the past and there is a real chance they are going to play Duke in the ACC title game. If OSU has an impressive win against Michigan State in the Big 10 title game, that might actually be enough. History has shown things can change fast in the BCS in the last couple weeks.

That said...War Eagle!

Turn Off Ads?