Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 917

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

  1. #391
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,658

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And I just gotta say, a Big Boy schedule that sports Idaho as a non-conference opponent in the next to last game of the year is unacceptable.
    Calling the first month of the season "preseason" is unacceptable. Scheduling a cupcake for homecoming? Not really a sin.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #392
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Sagarin loses me when he has North Dakota St. #24 in the country.
    What do you know about them? I know nothing about them. Are they any good? Who have they played?
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  4. #393
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,687

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    FSU jumped OSU because they beat Clemson in impressive fashion in front of a national TV audience. That is the sole reason that FSU will have the upper hand in the FSU vs. OSU argument.
    Oops.. that is correct (thanks!). Is Clemson as good as most thought going into that FSU game? I know they beat Georgia and UGA does not seem to be as good as they used to be.

    Or am I only allowed to use this argument against Ohio State? I am starting to believe that by listening to the "experts".
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  5. Likes:

    jimbo (11-18-2013)

  6. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What do you know about them? I know nothing about them. Are they any good? Who have they played?
    They are probably the best team in the FCS. They upset Kansas St by a field goal in the opener and since then have played all FCS teams.

    If their schedule is ranked by Sargin as #24, that is a huge problem in the logic of that ranking.

  7. #395
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Calling the first month of the season "preseason" is unacceptable. Scheduling a cupcake for homecoming? Not really a sin.
    Whatever, jojo.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  8. #396
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,606

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They are probably the best team in the FCS. They upset Kansas St by a field goal in the opener and since then have played all FCS teams.

    If their schedule is ranked by Sargin as #24, that is a huge problem in the logic of that ranking.
    Well, I don't find anything saying N. Dakota St. is ranked #24 in Sagarin. The info I was looking at had Oklahoma in that spot.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  9. #397
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,986

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    FSU vs OSU? How about Baylor vs OSU. I would argue they should be ranked ahead of OSU in the 3 spot. That defensive performance against Illinois was a freaking joke.

  10. #398
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,420

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, I don't find anything saying N. Dakota St. is ranked #24 in Sagarin. The info I was looking at had Oklahoma in that spot.
    http://www.sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  11. #399
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    FSU vs OSU? How about Baylor vs OSU. I would argue they should be ranked ahead of OSU in the 3 spot. That defensive performance against Illinois was a freaking joke.
    Why was it a joke? Why was winning a football game 60-35 a joke?

    This kind of thinking is a major problem with the current system. It isn't enough that you have to win every single game in a given season (ask Alabama how tough that is) but now you have to do it in style? You can't have an off day? It used to be about winning games, now its about style.

    During OSU's broadcast the two announcers (one being Michigan alum Brian Griese) was talking about Stanford jumping OSU because of that performance against OSU. Stanford, the same Stanford who LOST to Utah. The same Utah team whose only Pac 12 win was to Stanford. The lengths that people are going to criticize both OSU and the B1G is getting pretty phenomenal.

  12. Likes:

    jimbo (11-18-2013)

  13. #400
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,986

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Why was it a joke? Why was winning a football game 60-35 a joke?

    This kind of thinking is a major problem with the current system. It isn't enough that you have to win every single game in a given season (ask Alabama how tough that is) but now you have to do it in style? You can't have an off day? It used to be about winning games, now its about style.

    During OSU's broadcast the two announcers (one being Michigan alum Brian Griese) was talking about Stanford jumping OSU because of that performance against OSU. Stanford, the same Stanford who LOST to Utah. The same Utah team whose only Pac 12 win was to Stanford. The lengths that people are going to criticize both OSU and the B1G is getting pretty phenomenal.
    First of all, where did I say winning a football game 60-35 is a joke? I said that defensive performance was a joke. How can you argue otherwise?

    Um, it probably has something to do with the fact Illinois is 0-6 in the B1G. Their only wins are against Miami (OH), Cinci, and Southern Illinois. MSU held Illinois to 3 points. An elite, top 5 team in the country should not give up 35 points to Illinois - It is a joke. I agree about the winning in style thing by the way, but until we have a playoff that is the name of the game.

    I am not saying this about Baylor for any reason other than the fact it is the truth. At this point in the season, Baylor has performed better than OSU and deserve to be ranked higher.

  14. #401
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,658

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    It doesn't help the perception cause that OSU trailed in the fourth quarter to an opponent in what was billed as a big Saturday "prime time" national audience showdown and that team probably wont go to a bowl game let alone even win a conference game.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  15. #402
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,986

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It doesn't help the perception cause that OSU trailed in the fourth quarter to an opponent in what was billed as a big Saturday "prime time" national audience showdown and that team probably wont go to a bowl game let alone even win a conference game.
    What game are you referring to?

    edit: ah, Northwestern, I was unaware they were 4-6. That's sad.

  16. #403
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It doesn't help the perception cause that OSU trailed in the fourth quarter to an opponent in what was billed as a big Saturday "prime time" national audience showdown and that team probably wont go to a bowl game let alone even win a conference game.
    Its all perception. Northwestern has been hurt by injuries to their two key players. Its ok for Georgia to lose because of injury but not Northwestern?

  17. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (11-18-2013)

  18. #404
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    First of all, where did I say winning a football game 60-35 is a joke? I said that defensive performance was a joke. How can you argue otherwise?

    Um, it probably has something to do with the fact Illinois is 0-6 in the B1G. Their only wins are against Miami (OH), Cinci, and Southern Illinois. MSU held Illinois to 3 points. An elite, top 5 team in the country should not give up 35 points to Illinois - It is a joke. I agree about the winning in style thing by the way, but until we have a playoff that is the name of the game.

    I am not saying this about Baylor for any reason other than the fact it is the truth. At this point in the season, Baylor has performed better than OSU and deserve to be ranked higher.
    I don't think you are going to find many (if any) OSU supporters claiming we have an "elite" defense this year. When healthy I think it's a pretty good defense, but it is far from healthy right now. OSU had an off day, still put up over 600 yards of offense and won by 25 points and was never really challenged. Oh the horror.

  19. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (11-20-2013), traderumor (11-19-2013)

  20. #405
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,687

    Re: Ohio State Football 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    During OSU's broadcast the two announcers (one being Michigan alum Brian Griese) was talking about Stanford jumping OSU because of that performance against OSU. Stanford, the same Stanford who LOST to Utah. The same Utah team whose only Pac 12 win was to Stanford. The lengths that people are going to criticize both OSU and the B1G is getting pretty phenomenal.
    The announcing duo, Dave Pasch and Brian Griese, are bottom of the barrel when it comes to college football announcers IMO. Not b/c of the dumb "Stanford should jump OSU" comments (although those comments were bothersome), I was thinking mid 1st quarter that this announcing team is terrible. Not at all entertaining and they just seemed a notch above the high school kids calling their local team HS team's game on their HS radio station. Bengals fans are used to this as the Bungals used to draw the lowest announcing team for many years between 1990-2008 (and well deserved lol).
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25