Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And I just gotta say, a Big Boy schedule that sports Idaho as a non-conference opponent in the next to last game of the year is unacceptable.
    Calling the first month of the season "preseason" is unacceptable. Scheduling a cupcake for homecoming? Not really a sin.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Sagarin loses me when he has North Dakota St. #24 in the country.
    What do you know about them? I know nothing about them. Are they any good? Who have they played?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    FSU jumped OSU because they beat Clemson in impressive fashion in front of a national TV audience. That is the sole reason that FSU will have the upper hand in the FSU vs. OSU argument.
    Oops.. that is correct (thanks!). Is Clemson as good as most thought going into that FSU game? I know they beat Georgia and UGA does not seem to be as good as they used to be.

Or am I only allowed to use this argument against Ohio State? I am starting to believe that by listening to the "experts".

5. Likes:

jimbo (11-18-2013)

What do you know about them? I know nothing about them. Are they any good? Who have they played?
    They are probably the best team in the FCS. They upset Kansas St by a field goal in the opener and since then have played all FCS teams.

If their schedule is ranked by Sargin as #24, that is a huge problem in the logic of that ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Calling the first month of the season "preseason" is unacceptable. Scheduling a cupcake for homecoming? Not really a sin.
    Whatever, jojo.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They are probably the best team in the FCS. They upset Kansas St by a field goal in the opener and since then have played all FCS teams.

If their schedule is ranked by Sargin as #24, that is a huge problem in the logic of that ranking.
    Well, I don't find anything saying N. Dakota St. is ranked #24 in Sagarin. The info I was looking at had Oklahoma in that spot.

FSU vs OSU? How about Baylor vs OSU. I would argue they should be ranked ahead of OSU in the 3 spot. That defensive performance against Illinois was a freaking joke.

Well, I don't find anything saying N. Dakota St. is ranked #24 in Sagarin. The info I was looking at had Oklahoma in that spot.
    http://www.sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    FSU vs OSU? How about Baylor vs OSU. I would argue they should be ranked ahead of OSU in the 3 spot. That defensive performance against Illinois was a freaking joke.
    Why was it a joke? Why was winning a football game 60-35 a joke?

This kind of thinking is a major problem with the current system. It isn't enough that you have to win every single game in a given season (ask Alabama how tough that is) but now you have to do it in style? You can't have an off day? It used to be about winning games, now its about style.

During OSU's broadcast the two announcers (one being Michigan alum Brian Griese) was talking about Stanford jumping OSU because of that performance against OSU. Stanford, the same Stanford who LOST to Utah. The same Utah team whose only Pac 12 win was to Stanford. The lengths that people are going to criticize both OSU and the B1G is getting pretty phenomenal.

12. Likes:

jimbo (11-18-2013)

Why was it a joke? Why was winning a football game 60-35 a joke?

This kind of thinking is a major problem with the current system. It isn't enough that you have to win every single game in a given season (ask Alabama how tough that is) but now you have to do it in style? You can't have an off day? It used to be about winning games, now its about style.

During OSU's broadcast the two announcers (one being Michigan alum Brian Griese) was talking about Stanford jumping OSU because of that performance against OSU. Stanford, the same Stanford who LOST to Utah. The same Utah team whose only Pac 12 win was to Stanford. The lengths that people are going to criticize both OSU and the B1G is getting pretty phenomenal.
    First of all, where did I say winning a football game 60-35 is a joke? I said that defensive performance was a joke. How can you argue otherwise?

Um, it probably has something to do with the fact Illinois is 0-6 in the B1G. Their only wins are against Miami (OH), Cinci, and Southern Illinois. MSU held Illinois to 3 points. An elite, top 5 team in the country should not give up 35 points to Illinois - It is a joke. I agree about the winning in style thing by the way, but until we have a playoff that is the name of the game.

I am not saying this about Baylor for any reason other than the fact it is the truth. At this point in the season, Baylor has performed better than OSU and deserve to be ranked higher.

It doesn't help the perception cause that OSU trailed in the fourth quarter to an opponent in what was billed as a big Saturday "prime time" national audience showdown and that team probably wont go to a bowl game let alone even win a conference game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

It doesn't help the perception cause that OSU trailed in the fourth quarter to an opponent in what was billed as a big Saturday "prime time" national audience showdown and that team probably wont go to a bowl game let alone even win a conference game.
    What game are you referring to?

edit: ah, Northwestern, I was unaware they were 4-6. That's sad.

Its all perception. Northwestern has been hurt by injuries to their two key players. Its ok for Georgia to lose because of injury but not Northwestern?

17. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    First of all, where did I say winning a football game 60-35 is a joke? I said that defensive performance was a joke. How can you argue otherwise?

Um, it probably has something to do with the fact Illinois is 0-6 in the B1G. Their only wins are against Miami (OH), Cinci, and Southern Illinois. MSU held Illinois to 3 points. An elite, top 5 team in the country should not give up 35 points to Illinois - It is a joke. I agree about the winning in style thing by the way, but until we have a playoff that is the name of the game.

I am not saying this about Baylor for any reason other than the fact it is the truth. At this point in the season, Baylor has performed better than OSU and deserve to be ranked higher.
    I don't think you are going to find many (if any) OSU supporters claiming we have an "elite" defense this year. When healthy I think it's a pretty good defense, but it is far from healthy right now. OSU had an off day, still put up over 600 yards of offense and won by 25 points and was never really challenged. Oh the horror.

19. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-20-2013),traderumor (11-19-2013)

For a Level Playing Field

The announcing duo, Dave Pasch and Brian Griese, are bottom of the barrel when it comes to college football announcers IMO. Not b/c of the dumb "Stanford should jump OSU" comments (although those comments were bothersome), I was thinking mid 1st quarter that this announcing team is terrible. Not at all entertaining and they just seemed a notch above the high school kids calling their local team HS team's game on their HS radio station. Bengals fans are used to this as the Bungals used to draw the lowest announcing team for many years between 1990-2008 (and well deserved lol).

Turn Off Ads?