Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Oh sure, lots better rivalry games than this. Just a friendly backyard turkey bowl game

OSU defense has to get better. Offense is OK.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

The game clearly needs to be moved to a neutral site.

Negatory..... home and home just the way it should be

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-01-2013),Benihana (11-30-2013)

LOL at Michigan's coach. That was one of the all-time stupid decisions in the history of football. Michigan fans have to be disgusted right now.

I'm a Michigan fan. I'm not disgusted . They couldn't stop OSU's running game and their offense was on a roll. I'm ok with the call.

Great game despite the outcome.
    School's out. What did you expect?

8. Likes:

Benihana (11-30-2013)

It took some major stones.....

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm a Michigan fan. I'm not disgusted . They couldn't stop OSU's running game and their offense was on a roll. I'm ok with the call.

When Michigan went on that last drive, I wondered if they'd go for 2. Hyde and Miller were shredding the UM defense. I thought Hoke's call was a good one.

Great game, but I about threw up at the end.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

Benihana (11-30-2013),HeatherC1212 (12-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

Michigan had done well enough in throwing the ball that it was a good call. If they had converted it would have been another huge upset against an undefeated Ohio State team.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

If my team has put up 603 yards of offense, I think my chances in OT are pretty good.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-30-2013)

Not going to matter. There's 0 chance FSU loses to Duke and Auburn has no chance against Alabama, and neither does Mizzou. Playoff can't get here soon enough.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    LOL at Michigan's coach. That was one of the all-time stupid decisions in the history of football. Michigan fans have to be disgusted right now.

Not if it works

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    If my team has put up 603 yards of offense, I think my chances in OT are pretty good.
    By the same token they had a pretty good chance of ending it right there. I think it was a gutsy call that showed some confidence and I'm totally ok with it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Good call by Hoke

Total mismatch in Alabama right now. Was hoping Auburn could pull off an upset but it became clear early on their gimmicky offense was not going to work against a D-line like Alabama's. Their defense is not going to be able to stop Alabama either. Tide dominating line of scrimmage. This one going to be over by mid third quarter.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

20. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-30-2013)

While Hoke going for it is somewhat defensible, that was the move of a desperate, not gutsy, man. They had the same chance to win in OT, if not more, than they did by going for it. In trying to be a hero, he stole the chance from his players to get one more possession to hold the Buckeyes, one more chance to pull it out in OT. It was a selfish, macho move. Players choke all the time, here the coach choked, and I would not steal all that hard work from them by rolling the dice.

I would add that going for it made a little bit of sense if Ohio State is caught off guard and just has to line up, but after the time out, you gotta take the point and go to OT.
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-30-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?