Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

"So Fla Red"

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

OSU BB very impressive tonight in the B1G/ACC Challenge. OSU's run over the last decade plus in BBall and Football has been incredible. Florida has more championships but no one has littered the top 10 consistently in both sports over such a long period as OSU.

Matta + Meyer is the best 1/2 punch in the country, hands down. These are the salad days for OSU faithful in the TWO big college sports.

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-05-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (12-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    OSU BB very impressive tonight in the B1G/ACC Challenge. OSU's run over the last decade plus in BBall and Football has been incredible. Florida has more championships but no one has littered the top 10 consistently in both sports over such a long period as OSU.

Matta + Meyer is the best 1/2 punch in the country, hands down. These are the salad days for OSU faithful in the TWO big college sports.
    What does salad days mean?

I agree OSU basketball was impressive last night. Maryland is not very good, but the defense was suffocating Maryland, especially what Craft was doing to Maryland's guards. It was difficult for Maryland to even get the ball to the perimeter, not to mention into their big men. With defense like that they should be able to make some noise in the big 10 and NCAA tourney.

Aaron Craft is an absolute joy to watch. He will be sorely missed after this season.

With that said - I have 0 faith in Thad Matta as an in game strategist. Time and again in big games while other coaches make adjustments at half time Thad does not and it is what kills them.

Thad may be the best recruiter in college basketball. Some would say Self, Coach K, or the slimeball at Kentucky but all they do is basically call every player in the top 20 on scouts.com and send them an offer.

How bad did Michigan St look last night? Never seen such a poor offensive strategy from an Izzo coached team. They just jacked up a bunch of 3s early in the shot clock. It was sad and unwatchable.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Prediction time, fellas (and ladies)!

What's the score Saturday night?
    Witty signature.

I have a bad feeling about this game personally. OSU has not played a defense as good as MSU all year and I think the result is going to be:

MSU 17
    OSU 14

Buckeye's haven't played against a defense this good, but Michigan State hasn't played against an offensive line this good.

Ohio State 31
    Michigan State 21

Bucks win going away 35-14. MSU just doesn't have the offense to keep up.

I certainly think Mich State will make a ballgame of it and cause a lot of nervousness in Buckeye Nation. But I think OSU's offense is too good and Miller will bust loose late.

OSU - 35
    MSU - 21
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

"So Fla Red"

This one is very intriguing with the TresselBall architects vs. the modern Urban/Herman offense. Miller is exactly the kind of QB that gives TresellBall fits. Can he hit a few seam passes, TE killers and slants to keep them honest?

Last year it was 17-16 in East Lansing. OSU's offense is light years ahead of 2012, but MSU is better on defense.

MSU did give up some points to Nebraska and Indiana and OSU's offense is much better. I think OSU gets to 25+ points.

Crowd and conditions should work in OSU's favor.

My unbiased (lol) gut feel is that Miller/Hyde deliver enough damage and MSU's offensive strengths match up better with OSU's defensive strengths;

OSU: 31
    MSU: 17

But I've been admittedly awful on the CFB front this season vs. the spread. probably my worst year ever. A very strange college football season in many ways.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-06-2013)

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

If OSU does not turn the ball over inside either 30 I like their chances. If OSU wins or breaks even in the turnover battle, I believe they win the game by 10 or more.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-06-2013)

MSU hasn't played an offense with this many weapons.

MSU D will keep them in the game for a half, but OSU will score the first 10 points of the 3rd quarter and pull away in the middle of the 3rd.

OSU 31
    MSU 13
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Perfect weather conditions should benefit the offense of OSU. Barring an epic level of TO's I don't know how MSU's offense can keep up with OSU's. I am hesitant because MSU ruined Cooper's one OSU team to beat Michigan. I just don't know how MSU can score enough points playing against an explosive OSU offense also with a capable defense. Can MSU roll out everything that Michigan did last weekend?

28-13 OSU.

I think MSU will score 30 or more against this crap D, and that will be enough, I'm afraid.
    31 to 21 is my sad prediction.

I think it's Buckeyes 31 MSU 20.

I also would like to point out that every single team in the SEC, PAC 12 and Big 12 along with Notre Dame had the chance to secure a spot ahead of the Buckeyes in the final regular season poles regardless of what happens tonight. The poles would've undoubtedly put any team in any of those conferences ahead of the Buckeyes had they accomplished what Ohio State is trying to accomplish tonight. That's 36 teams that controlled their own destiny more than the Buckeyes did along with another 26 teams from the Big 10 and ACC that could've also went undefeated and earned a chance in the National Championship game had they not lost a game. So whether you're rooting for or against the Buckeyes tonight you'll be watching a team trying to earn their way into the big game that decides who the #1 team in the country opposed to a team trying to campaign their way in.

18. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (12-07-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Been another crazy championship weelend and we still have 4 more tonight and the rest of this WAC conference, errr I mean, SEC Matador Defense champ game.

Are we supposed to be impressed with this SEC game?

These are the teams that should surpass an undefeated team?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?