Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

"So Fla Red"

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

OSU appears to be a 3-4 pt favorite over Clemson in the early lines.

Stanford -2 over Michigan State

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

OSU now -2.5 over Clemson

Stanford trending up to -4 over Sparty

#19 BCS Wisconsin a 1.5 pt FAVORITE vs. BCS #9 South Carolina in the Citrus

Vegas agrees the top tier of the SEC is overrated this year outside of Alabama (-15) over a mediocre Oklahoma team in the Sugar (should have been Oregon).

In other news, Tom Hermann still trying to figure out how to get Carlos Hyde the ball in the 4th quarter... Splitting him out wide more often or having him on the bench for more 3rd and shorts?

Yay!

Moved several posts over to the SEC thread, since they're more appropriate there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

"So Fla Red"

I see what you did dabvu... I had the OSU/B1G related bowl posts here

Over/Under for OSU/Clemson is 68
    Baylor/UCF is 71 and many others in the high 60s showing how far the offenses are ahead these days

FSU/Auburn up to 66

By comparison, in the only bowl game with two of the 4-5 respectable defenses in CFB this year -- Stanford and Wisconsin is 41. By far the lowest bowl season number.

Big recruiting get for the Buckeyes as Raekwon McMillan the highest rated LB in the nation commits. Plans on enrolling early and given the LB situation could be a factor next season.

7. Likes:

oregonred (12-16-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Great get for OSU. Almost the must have recruit for 2014. Mitchell and McMillan next year could begin to make OSU LB U again.

Rumors also that Shazier may stay another season. That would be incredible to add Ryan to the mix of talented young LBs.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Great get for OSU. Almost the must have recruit for 2014. Mitchell and McMillan next year could begin to make OSU LB U again.

Rumors also that Shazier may stay another season. That would be incredible to add Ryan to the mix of talented young LBs.
    Glad they landed a big fish. I assume he is lean and mean for the predominance of spread offenses, where the LBers are in coverage more than they are trying to stop the run these days.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Big recruiting get for the Buckeyes as Raekwon McMillan the highest rated LB in the nation commits. Plans on enrolling early and given the LB situation could be a factor next season.
    Being an early enrollree is huge on this one because his recruitment isn't over until he signs and there just isn't much actual recruiting time left.

Bama thought they had this one.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Being an early enrollree is huge on this one because his recruitment isn't over until he signs and there just isn't much actual recruiting time left.

Bama thought they had this one.
    I don't follow recruiting as closely as I used to, when I knew people on the periphery of the program. But McMillan was always one that I was pretty confident was coming to Ohio State. This was the opposite of the Trey DePriest recruitment. DePriest wanted to go south, and Ohio State tried hard to keep him in the state, but he went where he always wanted to go, Alabama. McMillan is an Urban Meyer guy. The other schools had an uphill climb to nab him.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

How does OSU land a guy like that (top prospect) from southern Georgia? It just bewilders me how a guy with no real OSU ties escapes SEC-country. Very happy about it...but its a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    How does OSU land a guy like that (top prospect) from southern Georgia? It just bewilders me how a guy with no real OSU ties escapes SEC-country. Very happy about it...but its a head scratcher.
    Urban Meyer.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Urban Meyer.
    This. Recruiting is probably 80% relationships. Meyer has had a long relationship with RM.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

"So Fla Red"

OSU and Meyer hoping to grab another top Southern recruit tomorrow. Top 100 WR Johnnie Dixon from here in Palm Beach Gardens announcing tomorrow. Between Bama, OSU and the Canes with OSU and the U as the final decision. OSU seems to be the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    This. Recruiting is probably 80% relationships. Meyer has had a long relationship with RM.
    Maybe I'm looking too far down the road, but it will be interesting to see if Meyer continues to have clout in the South once he becomes a "northern" coach. That said, winning breeds recruiting success...

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Maybe I'm looking too far down the road, but it will be interesting to see if Meyer continues to have clout in the South once he becomes a "northern" coach. That said, winning breeds recruiting success...
    Pipelines and Alumni. Urban has established relationships, he is also generally considered to be one of the top 2 head coaches in the country. Also Ohio State recruits nationally, and has traditionally recruited Florida and Georgia. Jim Tressel would go head to head for kids in Florida too.

You want to see a terrifying video check this out. Nick Bosa, (yes Joey's "little brother") this is his sophomore video highlight reel. This kid is a two year starter at St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida. Bonafide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR-CtD7DPgQ
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?