Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 130

Thread: We have to talk about Corky

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    We are lucky to have Corky on this team. Been saying it all year....:X

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Worth The Wait
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    4,309

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    So, I click on this thread and as I'm scrolling I get a text message from a friend of mine who played in the minors and was from the same general area as Corky in Cali. His text reads:

    "Holy crap, Corky is still playing? He was a senior when I was a freshmen."

    My friend is 35 years old.

  4. #63
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,326

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    We are lucky to have Corky on this team. Been saying it all year....:X
    The Reds were lucky they had Bill Plummer on the team back in the day.

    Been sayin it for decades

  5. Likes:

    Bumstead (07-24-2013)

  6. #64
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,033

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    I'm sorry but you guys have to read this post. Wrote it before corkys last stint began. It's perfect for this thread.

    http://diamondhoggers.com/2013/05/10...-big-leaguers/
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

  7. Likes:

    redsmetz (07-24-2013)

  8. #65
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,067

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    This is one I just don't get at all. Why Miller is on this team in a playoff chase is simply beyond me.

  9. #66
    Playoff Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Liberty Township, OH
    Posts
    291

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    This is one I just don't get at all. Why Miller is on this team in a playoff chase is simply beyond me.

    Hannigan's hurt and he's an emergency catcher that the Reds can stash in AAA and call upon when needed. He provides relief to Mesaroco as catching is a physically demanding position.

  10. Likes:

    Big Klu (07-24-2013), HeatherC1212 (07-24-2013)

  11. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Hannigan's hurt and he's an emergency catcher that the Reds can stash in AAA and call upon when needed. He provides relief to Mesaroco as catching is a physically demanding position.
    ....that's kinda the point. You could go out and have open tryouts and probably find somebody better in an afternoon. I get that people like Corky. He's apparently a good clubhouse guy, good with the pitchers, etc etc. He's Crash Davis without the bat. That said, he should be a bullpen coach somewhere and the Reds should bring something more closely resembling a real life MLB backup catcher.

  12. Likes:

    Stingray (07-24-2013)

  13. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cartwright, OK
    Posts
    133

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    ....that's kinda the point. You could go out and have open tryouts and probably find somebody better in an afternoon. I get that people like Corky. He's apparently a good clubhouse guy, good with the pitchers, etc etc. He's Crash Davis without the bat. That said, he should be a bullpen coach somewhere and the Reds should bring something more closely resembling a real life MLB backup catcher.
    The point is that the Reds know what they are getting with Corky, and know who their two catchers are. If they went out and got somebody new they wouldn't be able to just send them up and down like they can Corky. If we make a move for a catcher it better be someone we want on our MLB roster, and someone we wouldn't mind having over Hannigan or Mes.

  14. Likes:

    Always Red (07-24-2013), Big Klu (07-24-2013)

  15. #69
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    I took a little nap at the start of the 2nd game and when I woke up they said Corky hit a double earlier in the game. I just thought I was dreaming.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  16. Likes:

    Edskin (07-24-2013)

  17. #70
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    18,662

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I took a little nap at the start of the 2nd game and when I woke up they said Corky hit a double earlier in the game. I just thought I was dreaming.
    A two-run double, at that !
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  18. #71
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I took a little nap at the start of the 2nd game and when I woke up they said Corky hit a double earlier in the game. I just thought I was dreaming.
    You should take more naps.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  19. #72
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    So what happened, did the ball fall in a hole?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  20. Likes:

    Bumstead (07-24-2013)

  21. #73
    Member Norm Chortleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So what happened, did the ball fall in a hole?
    Hunter Pence robbed him of a double in his next at-bat. I when Jim Day said Miller would have had a double "or more."

  22. #74
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So what happened, did the ball fall in a hole?
    Here's the link to prove it. It was actually a line drive down the first base line. Corky looked a little surprised himself when he reached 2nd base.

    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29077703&c_id=mlb
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  23. Likes:

    LexRedsFan (07-24-2013), TSJ55 (07-24-2013)

  24. #75
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: We have to talk about Corky

    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the link to prove it. It was actually a line drive down the first base line. Corky looked a little surprised himself when he reached 2nd base.

    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29077703&c_id=mlb
    And tired too, I'll bet.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25