Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Giants 7/22/2013

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Reds @ Giants 7/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Dusty must have eaten some chimichangas to give him that GUT feeling to start DRob. He has 2 hits.
    No just gas, he had chili for dinner last nite!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Tim out --- me with a long meeting on Tuesday after a long week-end working means I'm out --- wishing you animals an easy win...
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Robinson was just put in the line-up late. Heisey is not hurt (per John Fay). Make a decision already Dusty. The man drives me nuts. Probably another gut decision. Trust me, nothing good can come from that gut.
    Robinson 2-3 tonight.

Sometimes I prefer Dusty's gut over his brain.

Votto misses his pitch, has a conversation with himself, and then rips one into RF for a hit.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I guess tomorrow Cingrani comes up. Soto goes down. Reynolds comes up with the special exemption.

Would be nice to see Soto get an at bat tonight, maybe even two.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    yup -- he was a magician - drove a car blind folded -- & had several businesses --- you had to keep you hand on your wallet when he was around because he wanted all your money in any deal -- taught me a lot
    It was definitely the best fantasy baseball advice I ever got, although it definitely applies to business in general.

I remember picking up Jonathan Sanchez in my NL-only league the week before his no-hitter as a free agent. He threw the no-hitter and then I unloaded him a week later to an owner desperate for pitching. Previously I used to fall in love with too many players and was always late in being willing to trade them. But once I started treating them as assets and went off market value, it led to far more success.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I hope both of you are proud of the dirtiest athletic department in college sports right now. Sorry, I'd rather talk Reds baseball, but that doesn't seem to be the theme in tonight's game thread.
    Reds44, I spent a lot of time at TopO, I bet we were there at the same time at some point.

NY Red, without going into too much, I'll beg to differ. I spent two years working for the department.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Fair ball! Votto scores on a bad throw to the plate, and it's two runs!

lol he didn't even slide

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Late night game threads tend to go off the rails often. That is why they tend to be the best, especially up 6-0.
    They only go off the rails when we're up 6-0 after 4 and it stays that way. Hopefully this one stays that way.

Lol....what was that?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Huh? Votto scored how, without a slide!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Been looking for a BBQ place since I moved down here. Appreciate it! Def will hit up when I move in.
    Allen and Sons in Pittsboro is pretty good from what I remember (haven't been there since I graduated from UNC in '00). Of course, the best place to eat in CH is a chicken biscuit at Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen for breakfast.

I think Votto would rather be dropkicked than slide haha wow he looks awful running right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Huh? Votto scored how, without a slide!
    Crawford gaffe.

Votto ain't slidin much.

Turn Off Ads?