Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Braun Gets 65 Game Suspension

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Ryan Braun Gets 65 Game Suspension

Per reports he's agreed to a suspension for his involvement in PED linked to Biogenesis. He will take the remainder of the season off which equates to 65 games effective immediately.

Again.. Braun gets off lucky. Considering they were discussing 150 games for A-Rod.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Braun Gets 65 Game Suspension

Not surprising at all. It was coming sooner or later. I was just listening to a national radio station where the host had said that Braun probably admitted to it by himself because MLB threatened the rest of his career. Needless to say, now everyone knows that Braun is liar and cheater. You could probably use more words that wouldn't be suitable for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Per reports he's agreed to a suspension for his involvement in PED linked to Biogenesis. He will take the remainder of the season off which equates to 65 games effective immediately.

Again.. Braun gets off lucky. Considering they were discussing 150 games for A-Rod.
    If I had to guess, they had enough to nail him for the 100 game suspension, but offered him a 65 game deal if he accepted it..... Oh and no backing for Braun from the MLBPA

Would he have made the deal if the Brew Crew was in contention? I seriously doubt it, right Bud...

I think they had him nailed flat out this time. They let him plea out because they really want ARod and Braun's admission gives a great more credibility to Biogenesis. Supposedly ARod has interfered, tried to talk witnesses out of testimony, etc, and stonewalled completely. There is even talk of lifetime per ARod. I doubt that happens but ESPN said the Yankees would be ecstatic. No more contract. That would get the MLBPA fighting and ARod fighting though and it will likely be less than life but more than Braun. Plus Gio, Nelson Cruz, Colon. Some races are going to be affected by this mess. Braun and ARod really don't affect the race at all. Cruz and Colon sure could, though. Colon and Yasmani Grandal could get 100 for a second hit. What a black eye mess.

I just want the guy he threw under the bus (specimen collector) to sue Braun for most of his money for the rest of his career. He lied to everyone and blamed an innocent man (who was a Brewers fan at that). Shows he has no class.

I think all the idiot MLB network talking heads who claimed Braun was vindicated and innocent after the 2-1 arbitrator finding, apologize to the real fans that they were wrong, but it will never happen.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

Braun should have been suspended the first time around. That poor specimen collector's life is ruined because of him. Maybe he won't be a brewers' fan anymore. The Cardinals would be glad to have him in their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Would he have made the deal if the Brew Crew was in contention? I seriously doubt it, right Bud...
    The suspension works for Braun financially as his salary goes up the next two years.

I didnt even mind that he got off on a technicality the first time around. It was his indignant lying responses that was so distasteful. F- him. MLB should have played it out and given him the max.

Quote Originally Posted by TitosLoveChild View Post
    The suspension works for Braun financially as his salary goes up the next two years.

I didnt even mind that he got off on a technicality the first time around. It was his indignant lying responses that was so distasteful. F- him. MLB should have played it out and given him the max.
    I wish they would have given him a suspension that went into next year too, but I think MLB was less concerned about on field impact and more concerned with the message that a quickly handed down suspension would deliver

11. Likes:

OC_Red (07-29-2013)

Should have suspended him starting next season. This season is already a wash for the Brewers.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gfas View Post
    I wish they would have given him a suspension that went into next year too, but I think MLB was less concerned about on field impact and more concerned with the message that a quickly handed down suspension would deliver
    Couldn't agree more. Ryan Fraud indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmiller21kg View Post
    Should have suspended him starting next season. This season is already a wash for the Brewers.
    Agreed.

Waiting to see what A-ROID gets.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ARod is getting off easy.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

Turn Off Ads?