Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think that there is any chance we could keep Choo on this team?

Re: Do you think that there is any chance we could keep Choo on this team?

Back to signing Choo - no, I don't see how the Reds can compete for his services unless Castellini really, really surprises me payroll wise. Arroyo will price himself out of Cincy, too. My guess is that the Reds make both a qualifying offer in order to get the draft picks and try to trade for or sign another one year Cfer to give Hamilton a bit more time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

This is the year

the more and more this season goes on the more and more i want CHOO on this team. Locked in for at least 3-5 years.

Hi Guys,

New poster here. Wanted to comments about today's game (Aug 11) thread but wasnt allowed access since I am new, maybe I can address that here... There were a few posters who wanted to know what Choo was thinking when he tried to tag up at the bottom of 13. Although it might look foolish, what if Hannahan was thrown out at home in the bottom of 13? Wouldnt it make sense to have Choo move up to 3rd if the risk was not major? I know its the wrong thread but until I am allowed to post regularly, I guess this is where I can respond.

Cheers,

Peter

I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    the more and more this season goes on the more and more i want CHOO on this team. Locked in for at least 3-5 years.
    Ok....Choo for five years. That's likely going to cost you $120 million and I suspect that the low end of the type of offer that would get Choo's agent to return your phone call.

Can you find a way to fit that in the reds budget? ....I can't. They simply don't have that kind of payroll flex.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerSoul View Post
    Hi Guys,

New poster here. Wanted to comments about today's game (Aug 11) thread but wasnt allowed access since I am new, maybe I can address that here... There were a few posters who wanted to know what Choo was thinking when he tried to tag up at the bottom of 13. Although it might look foolish, what if Hannahan was thrown out at home in the bottom of 13? Wouldnt it make sense to have Choo move up to 3rd if the risk was not major? I know its the wrong thread but until I am allowed to post regularly, I guess this is where I can respond.

Cheers,

Peter

umm well i did not see the thread about this.

But there was one out. So if hannahan did get thrown out at home. the game was over. .....

But this got a taste of what it would be like without choo over this weekend series.

Choo was cold and the reds had major scoring/hitting issues.

But then comes up clutch with the double off the wall to win the series.

We need this guy badly.

Turn Off Ads?