Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Looking Strong

Reds Looking Strong

Another bat could help...production on the road like we saw last night would go a long was as well...

Mod Edit: Please do not use RZ to advertise your own site.
    Last edited by MBZags; 07-24-2013 at 01:05 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Looking Strong

Walt was talking very vaguely tonight during the first game about possible trades.

I would love to see us make some moves for the stretch run. A wild card spot doesn't do much for me we need to go on a run and take the division.

4. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (07-27-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Thing is.. As well as we are playing the pesky Pirates and the cry baby Cardinals always seem to win when we win.. It's so tough to gain ground.

Jocketty always talks vaguely.

You'd think they could have come up with a more recent picture...... half those guy's aren't on our team anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by dwyerbrg View Post
    Jocketty always talks vaguely.
    How is it in the team's interest for him to be specific?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    How is it in the team's interest for him to be specific?
    Never said it was...just saying that he's always vague. Not really adding much to the conversation, I realize, but it's also not really newsworthy.

may not always give us a ton to talk about, but I still prefer the GM keep everything quiet rather than being one of those who either blabs himself or has people under him who like to blab

11. Likes:

720 PeteRoseWay (07-26-2013),Revering4Blue (07-26-2013)

Just flat playing great right now! And on the left coast...

It's been nice on this road trip! I've been going to bed halfway through the games without worry. Let's hope tonight is more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by butlerguy03 View Post
    It's been nice on this road trip! I've been going to bed halfway through the games without worry. Let's hope tonight is more of the same.
    I've been staying up to watch them... it was a rough week at work

Quote Originally Posted by jdintzer View Post
    Another bat could help...production on the road like we saw last night would go a long was as well...

Mod Edit: Please do not use RZ to advertise your own site.
    Boy, he hasn't been back after you removed his advertisement.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

What a difference a weekend with the Dodgers can make. Reds look strong when compared to? The Astros? Though I daresay, they would even struggle in a series with them right now. Bud Norris would probably throw a 2 hit shutout.

Last night (WHO is this O'Sullivan person?) was such a punch in the gut.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds make a run at Hunter Pence...Giants are my "#3 team" and I live in the Bay Area so see him all the time. Dude can carry a team for a week or two, but then gets in these funks where he is AWFUL...when he gets like that I have no idea why pitchers EVER throw him a fastball, because he will chase a slider/curve ANYWHERE, to include 2 feet off the plate. Defensively, he's a solid right-fielder, although just like when he's at the plate or running, he looks very awkward doing anything baseball-related.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    What a difference a weekend with the Dodgers can make. Reds look strong when compared to? The Astros? Though I daresay, they would even struggle in a series with them right now. Bud Norris would probably throw a 2 hit shutout.

Last night (WHO is this O'Sullivan person?) was such a punch in the gut.
    Yeah, gotta admit that I had some false hopes after the Giants series and then winning game 1 vs. Dodgers, like maybe a 9-2 type road trip. Then the bats went to sleep. It's been a very frustrating season. And I haven't really looked at the stats, but just from checking box scores and the occasional Reds game I get to see on TV, it seems like Votto is striking out at a greater pace than he's done in the past. Then again you could probably say that for a few players this year.

Turn Off Ads?