Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Looking Strong

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Re: Reds Looking Strong

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal Reds Fan View Post
    Yeah, gotta admit that I had some false hopes after the Giants series and then winning game 1 vs. Dodgers, like maybe a 9-2 type road trip. Then the bats went to sleep. It's been a very frustrating season. And I haven't really looked at the stats, but just from checking box scores and the occasional Reds game I get to see on TV, it seems like Votto is striking out at a greater pace than he's done in the past. Then again you could probably say that for a few players this year.
    Re: Pence...sounds like a right-handed Jay Bruce at the plate. Not sure we need another streaky hitter. I would pass if it meant giving up more than a few C+ prospects.

Agreed on this road trip...such high hopes after demolishing the Giants and beating Greinke...the good news is there are 2 months of baseball left. The bad news is there are 2 months of baseball left.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The loss last night was devastating and is the kind of loss that either propels a team forward or sends them spiraling down.

4. Likes:

OC_Red (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    Re: Pence...sounds like a right-handed Jay Bruce at the plate. Not sure we need another streaky hitter. I would pass if it meant giving up more than a few C+ prospects.

Agreed on this road trip...such high hopes after demolishing the Giants and beating Greinke...the good news is there are 2 months of baseball left. The bad news is there are 2 months of baseball left.
    Yeah, last year at this time is when the Reds were on fire, you just knew they were going to win pretty much every series if not sweep...now I think it's a crapshoot if they play .500 ball rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dwyerbrg View Post
    The loss last night was devastating and is the kind of loss that either propels a team forward or sends them spiraling down.
    I think they'll be fine once they get back home. With this series they'll have played 17 of their last 20 on the road. The schedule is pretty favorable from here on out. Splitting the next two is okay but losing the next two could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jdintzer View Post
    Another bat could help...production on the road like we saw last night would go a long was as well...
    Huh?

As I noted over on ORG this morning the Reds are 4-6 in their last 10 games. Every team in the division has done at least as well and some better. We've actually lost ground to the Cubs!

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdintzer View Post
    Another bat could help...production on the road like we saw last night would go a long was as well...

Mod Edit: Please do not use RZ to advertise your own site.
    You really jinxed the Reds with this thread. I demand that you start a Reds Looking Weak thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You really jinxed the Reds with this thread. I demand that you start a Reds Looking Weak thread.
    I Agee!
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCody View Post
    I Agee!
    I think he was scared off by the terrible right hand of moderator judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    I think he was scared off by the terrible right hand of moderator judgement.
    That could be true.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

I think he had no interest in really contributing he just wanted to promote his website...

13. Likes:

OC_Red (08-06-2013)

Turn Off Ads?