Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds hitters' PA with men on base

Re: Reds hitters' PA with men on base

Not all runners on base are equal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wish the Reds would've picked up Soriano. He could've helped with the offensive woes.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCody View Post
    2 million is unrealistic. 1.5 million maybe.
    dont be silly.. just 1.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Not all runners on base are equal.
    Sarcasm?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

TOBTTReds must be talking about Roco...that rundown at 3b yesterday was just awful...who is the baserunning coach for the Reds? I am glad I am not keeping count of the number of gaffes that the Reds have on the basepaths this year. It feels like they average at least 2-3 a week!

if i had the extra funds i would buy this for the team.. this might help Frazier and Cozart especially

http://www.speedhitter.com/

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BASEBALL FAN View Post
    Great research Junkhead.

FINALLY something solid that shows what I have been trying to say all along. Out of 208 plate appearances--Votto has 33 RBI with men on base. 33? REALLY?????

What about OBP? Ok... he takes a walk.... AND????

Votto is getting his chances--he is second in the freaking league behind Phillips, and he only has 33 RBI to show for it. Wow.

Pathetic.
    If they don't consistently give him pitches to hit (and who in their right mind would?) what do you propose he do? It's a two-way street.

In the height of his PED-induced HR binge, Bonds was similar. He didn't have monster RBI totals. I think he had one year with about 45 bombs and 90 RBI.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Yoda says "You must unlearn what you have learned."
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    If they don't consistently give him pitches to hit (and who in their right mind would?) what do you propose he do? It's a two-way street.

In the height of his PED-induced HR binge, Bonds was similar. He didn't have monster RBI totals. I think he had one year with about 45 bombs and 90 RBI.
    So if Votto took PED's he'd hit more HRs!
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

*Pitches per plate appearance of Reds hitters

Choo: 4.19(1st in NL)
    Votto: 4.08(6th in NL)
    Bruce: 4.03(12th in NL)
    Frazier: 3.88(25th in NL)
    Cozart: 3.75(41st in NL)
    Phillips: 3.74(42nd in NL)

Votto up with Choo on first last night, so it adds to his plate appearance with runners on base. However, before this, Robinson(with no outs in the inning) flew out rather than bunting. Votto singled to the wall giving Brandon an AB with runners on 1st and 3rd. Brandon singles. RBI for Brandon, little love for Votto

Sigh
    Hey Homer! If you can put it together, you'll put the Reds over the top....think about it.

13. Likes:

OC_Red (08-07-2013), RedlegJake (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jfleur87 View Post
    Votto up with Choo on first last night, so it adds to his plate appearance with runners on base. However, before this, Robinson(with no outs in the inning) flew out rather than bunting. Votto singled to the wall giving Brandon an AB with runners on 1st and 3rd. Brandon singles. RBI for Brandon, little love for Votto

Sigh
    Happens over and over this year but hey - Joey shoulda homered right?

Turn Off Ads?