Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madison Square Garden told to move

Re: Madison Square Garden told to move

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't think the West Side Stadium idea will ever come to pass. Like fearofpopvol1 said, I just don't see where they could be expected to put a new MSG in Manhattan.
    Not to mention, there's just no way that the Knicks are going to Jersey. It will never happen. I can't see the Bronx either. I guess it's possible they could find space in Queens near Queensboro Plaza, but I can't really picture that either.

Not to mention, the West side idea is a challenge due to the lack of train lines over there. It would be a bit of a walk and one thing NY has done an amazing job with is convenience as it pertain to sports. Citi, Yankee Stadium, MSG, Barclays...all right off a particular subway stop. The MSG location is perfect too. You've got the red line that goes right into MSG. 1 block west you have the blue line, and 1 block east you have the orange and yellow lines plus the PATH. It's really convenient for anyone to get to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Madison Square Garden told to move

Definitely agree that Jersey isn't happening. I could see Queens as option B and Bronx as option C (both are rumored sites for the home of the New York City Football Club in 2015), but in the end potentially seeing the Knicks and Rangers both leave Manhattan would be pretty devastating.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?