Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This weekend will say a lot!

This weekend will say a lot!

This weekend in L.A will say a lot about where we are as a contending W.S team. The Dodgers are hot all the way around and we are facing their top pitchers all weekend. Get out of L.A with a split and I will be happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: This weekend will say a lot!

Or it will say nothing, much like any 3 or 4 game stretch will say.

Great start and great game. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Great game to open the series. This season will come down to guys like Frazier, Mesorasco and Cozart playing the way they have in the last week. The Reds have the pitching and if the 3 mentioned and the additions of Ludwick, Broxton and Marshall the Reds can definitely make a lot of noise this October.

6. Likes:

720 PeteRoseWay (07-26-2013),RedlegJake (07-26-2013)

When the "secondary" components of the Reds O do well the offense takes off. Choo, Votto, Bruce and Phillips will hit and/or get on base. Mes, Frazier and Cozie are the keys - if they hit this offense looks really good. Mes getting his first real sustained chance, Frazier and Cozie basically 2nd year players - little wonder the offense is somewhat inconsistent but if these guys adapt back to the league in the 2nd half a bit and become more consistent this offense becomes much better, especially against lefties, since these guys are the Reds drivers against the lefties (with BP of course).

Cozie is what he is most likely, but I still have hope Frazier and especially Mesaraco pick it up quite a bit the final two months.

Hope they throw more right handed pitching at us, we always seem to to well against them, and Zack Greinke, thinks we probably have the toughest 1 thru 5 lineup in the NL for a righty to face.

Great game last night. It is amazing that the reds have found their power on the west coast. Great homerun by Bruce last night. Have to admit that I zoned out after that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    When the "secondary" components of the Reds O do well the offense takes off. Choo, Votto, Bruce and Phillips will hit and/or get on base. Mes, Frazier and Cozie are the keys - if they hit this offense looks really good. Mes getting his first real sustained chance, Frazier and Cozie basically 2nd year players - little wonder the offense is somewhat inconsistent but if these guys adapt back to the league in the 2nd half a bit and become more consistent this offense becomes much better, especially against lefties, since these guys are the Reds drivers against the lefties (with BP of course).

Cozie is what he is most likely, but I still have hope Frazier and especially Mesaraco pick it up quite a bit the final two months.
    Mesoraco and Frazier are both hitting better than Brandon Phillips this season. Why is Phillips included with Choo, Votto and Bruce, but Frazier and Mesoraco aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I will list the AVG, OBP and SLG for the three players. You tell me which guy is which.

Average: .254, .261, .263
    On Base Percentage: .316, .326, .344
    Slugging Percentage: .402, .405, .419

They all look incredibly similar to me in the rate in which they get hits (average), make outs (on-base percentage) and the amount of bases that they acquire (slugging).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Mesoraco and Frazier are both hitting better than Brandon Phillips this season. Why is Phillips included with Choo, Votto and Bruce, but Frazier and Mesoraco aren't?
    82 rbis?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I will list the AVG, OBP and SLG for the three players. You tell me which guy is which.

Average: .254, .261, .263
    On Base Percentage: .316, .326, .344
    Slugging Percentage: .402, .405, .419

They all look incredibly similar to me in the rate in which they get hits (average), make outs (on-base percentage) and the amount of bases that they acquire (slugging).
    I already know/knew who's who, and that doesn't change anything. If you think Rocco and Frazier have been on par offensively this year with Phillips, then you've completely lost it. Do you even watch the games?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I already know/knew who's who, and that doesn't change anything. If you think Rocco and Frazier have been on par offensively this year with Phillips, then you've completely lost it. Do you even watch the games?
    Nope. I got into baseball because I don't like watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by TitosLoveChild View Post
    82 rbis?
    Unless he is hitting home runs, then he isn't fully responsible for those runs.

BP has been unusually good at picking up runners - admittedly probably an outlier and better than he's ever done before. 9 for 11 bases loaded for example. His overall numbers are similar to BPs but Mes has just begun to show some slugging consistently, and Frazier is the epitome of a hitter who is better than the eyeball test but he still struggles if a pitcher just feeds him offspeed stuff and forgets fastball. Why any pitcher throws Frazier a fastball is just beyond me. So, I'll include BP, Doug. He needs to stay hot, too, when he was stone cold a month ago it really hurt. Fact remains, the best hitters and core of the offense are lefties. These three need to hit, consistently, for this offense to really hum. And when they do, it does.

18. Likes:

New York Red (07-26-2013)

Turn Off Ads?