Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This weekend will say a lot!

This is the year

Re: This weekend will say a lot!

This weekend sucked.

I think it pretty much confirms we need a bat and badly. Or else this team is pipe dream and a waste of time.

If we dont get a bat us fans will be happy just to make it to the playoffs. We will then get excited but then that excitement will turn to slight embarrassment. geez. That kind of sounds familiar.

2. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (07-30-2013),toledodan (07-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Need a bat! If it wasn't for our pitching, we would be struggling bad. Hopefully Walt gets some bat at the deadline.

trade for Howie Kendrick!!

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

The Angels are big sellers now apparently, per Rosenthal...I would see what it would take to acquire Mark Trumbo. There's our big bat for the cleanup spot and he's young and under contract til 2017. (arb eligible next year)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ma01-bat.shtml

I like Ludwick, he seems like a good egg, but he is aging, and coming back from a shoulder injury that it seems to me you don't just bounce back from and crank an .800+ OPS on.

angels need pitching

I don't think one bat makes a difference in the LA series. Pitchers just had their number.

Walt needs to decide whether this team can make noise in the playoffs this season...if they can't his next question is how much of the future do you give up for a role player (that seems to be all that is available).

This is the year

You'd be surprised how much one bat makes a difference. One bat can change the whole dynamic of a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Red View Post
    The Angels are big sellers now apparently, per Rosenthal...I would see what it would take to acquire Mark Trumbo. There's our big bat for the cleanup spot and he's young and under contract til 2017. (arb eligible next year)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ma01-bat.shtml

I like Ludwick, he seems like a good egg, but he is aging, and coming back from a shoulder injury that it seems to me you don't just bounce back from and crank an .800+ OPS on.
    Hmm. I can't even think what it would take to get Trumbo. I would assume they would ask for Cingrani, although he's almost "untouchable" to me.

He certainly wouldn't be cheap.

Typically, you don't see teams move young, promising players like Trumbo at all, and certainly not in deadline deals. I would be surprised if Trumbo was available, but if he was, he would be an excellent target.

jvs

Quote Originally Posted by TitosLoveChild View Post
    82 rbis?
    *facepalm

Just too many holes in the offense. Catcher, third, short and left field. Heck Phillips could be thrown into the mix as well batting under .260. Walt better think long and hard about acquiring a bat because this team sure needs one.

14. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (07-30-2013)

the way this team is not hitting they will play a 1 game wild card playoff , strike out 18 and loose 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Just too many holes in the offense. Catcher, third, short and left field. Heck Phillips could be thrown into the mix as well batting under .260. Walt better think long and hard about acquiring a bat because this team sure needs one.
    Yup. We're in position to make the playoffs. THIS is our window. Heck, if we don't win it this year I don't know if we will. Choo is gone after this season.

I'd think long and hard about trading Chapman (I've said this for months, not just because of tonight) because he could likely pull the best return.

chapman has already ruined leakes victories twice once against Arizona and now san diego
    he ruined Baileys victory against Philadelphia

He has had a mediocre year

the bullpen has blown at least 15 games including Lecure three in one week, hoover and broxton

Turn Off Ads?