Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: 7/26/13 - Reds @ L.A.

"So Fla Red"

Re: 7/26/13 - Reds @ L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'm just saying, if that's a playoff-type game, and that's the kind of pitcher we can expect to face if the Reds are a wildcard team, they must maximize their opportunities. A guy spinning out of his cleats trying to take Kershaw yard with two outs in the 8th and a runner on second isn't the high-percentage approach. That's all. Shorten the swing. Get that run in, and let's play into the wee hours. Not an unreasonable request.
    No disagreement on that point. I have a strange confidence that this team will face the challenge better this year than in 2010 and 2012 if given the chance in the playoffs. It's all about health - in other words Heisey and Miller shouldn't be getting nine AB's in a wild card game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yes. He's also a lefty, negating, or at least lessening the effectiveness of Choo, Votto, and Bruce (2-12).

Like I said, I didn't expect to win this one, but Homer made one big mistake. So close.
    I thought Votto and Bruce were fairly effective against LHP. Votto hits about the same against everyone and Bruce has more HR against them than any left handed batter over the last few years.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yes. He's also a lefty, negating, or at least lessening the effectiveness of Choo, Votto, and Bruce (2-12).

Like I said, I didn't expect to win this one, but Homer made one big mistake. So close.
    It really wasn't a mistake. Down and away slider, Ramirez hit a good pitch just far enough.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Probably the best this forum has taken a loss all year. A lot of sensible posts after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Probably the best this forum has taken a loss all year. A lot of sensible posts after the game.
    I thought the same thing. Reds lost to the best pitcher in the league. Can't be too upset about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It was a playoff caliber game. No reason to get even the slightest bit upset about that one. It only stings because it's the Dodgers. For those of us old enough to remember the Reds/Dodgers rivalry of the 70's, losing any game to them still sucks. Get 'em tonight, Reds.

"So Fla Red"

Mattingly not messing around.

I do wish we'd have some urgency and Larussa-anal retentiveness out of our dugout at times.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Mattingly not messing around.

I do wish we'd have some urgency and Larussa-anal retentiveness out of our dugout at times.
    Lol....fail

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Lol....fail
    Wrong game thread

Turn Off Ads?