The OF, while not offering much to help when the Reds lost guys in 2013, suddenly looks like a pretty deep pipeline. Maybe I'm looking through reds colored glasses, but it seems like a pretty decent group of guys who may play a role in the majors some day. How would you rank them?
A Baker's dozen
1. Billy Hamilton (not sure he's still at the top, but I'm not ready to buck all the experts who put him among the top 50 prospects in baseball)
2. Jesse Winker - Guy is going to hit IMO.
3. Phil Ervin - All Around good player
4. Yorman Rodriguez - Tools aplenty
5. Junior Arias - Power, Speed. Defense will come IMO.
6. Donald Lutz - Big Time Power and more athletic than people think
7. Juan Silva - Still Young and Starting to get it
8. Jonathon Reynoso - More Tools and could be a lot higher
9. Kyle Waldrop - Seems like he's always on the verge of taking the next step. Lots of extra base pop.
10. Jeff Gelalich - Too Soon to give up on a sandwich pick
11. Gabriel Rosa - A move to the OF may unlock his bat. Seeing flashes this year.
12. Juan Duran - there was a reason for that big bonus, but I wonder if a move to 1B would be better.
13. Ryan Lamarre - Speed, defense still hoping the light goes on.
Older guys who may fill bench roles: Denis Phipps, Felix Perez, Josh Fellhauer, Bryson Smith
Unknowns who show some potential: Kevin Garcia, Aristedes Aquino, Jon Matthews, Dalton Carter