Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Zach Cozart and Stolen Bases!

Zach Cozart and Stolen Bases!

I was going through Cozart's minor league stats and found that this guy used to be a threat to steal. In fact, he had 30 steals in Louisville back in 2010. What happened to this guy? He has made 0 attempts this season and only 4 last year which he was not caught once.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zach Cozart and Stolen Bases!

Good question.

The Reds are near the bottom in MLB in stolen base attempts and are dead last in SB%. Don't know if these guys can't steal or if Baker doesn't like to use it.

He didn't run Stubbs as much as I would have liked either. So you may be correct.

this is what scares me about Hamilton when he comes up. He will be the
    fastest red and Dusty will hold him at first..

Cozart can't seem to find 1B often enough to steal 30 bags.

7. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (08-08-2013),TeamSelig (08-08-2013)

Baker seems to like to send Choo, which hasn't worked out very well. I have no idea why he doesn't turn Cozart loose once and a while, their speed is comparable, and Zach's a good baserunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Cozart can't seem to find 1B often enough to steal 30 bags.
    Beat me to it.

Also, when Cozart is batting second and reaches base there is no way he should be moving and opening a base for a team to put Votto.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    I was going through Cozart's minor league stats and found that this guy used to be a threat to steal. In fact, he had 30 steals in Louisville back in 2010. What happened to this guy? He has made 0 attempts this season and only 4 last year which he was not caught once.
    Is that you, Thom? Seriously, it is odd and would be a good question for one of the beat reporters to ask him.

Only the lead-off guy steals, dude.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013),LexRedsFan (08-22-2013)

I don't mind this team not running - they aren't very good at it when they do try. Hamilton, when he arrives, will be a different matter. I'm not concerned with Dusty letting him run - I'm concerned with Dusty batting him in the leadoff spot even if he has an OBP of .250

who did you like better willy taveras or corey Patterson?

Baker doesn't like to run(Baker may not be here next year anyways) but Cozart also doesn't spend a lot of time sitting on 1B. Low OBP.

Turn Off Ads?