Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: 7/28/13 - Reds v. Trolley Dodgers

Re: 7/28/13 - Reds v. Trolley Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Reds third in NL runs scored in July.
    But sure, the offense is the suck.

Not sure what that makes the 12 other teams in the NL
    The Reds offense has been doing the same thing the entire season, yet somehow you still don't get it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Yesterday there were seven shutouts in baseball, and four 1-0 games. The Reds are hardly alone with the offensive struggles. The game has changed. Embrace it.
    I refuse to embrace scoring 2 runs in 3 games ...hot and cold..always cliffs instead of smaller slopes.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The Reds offense has been doing the same thing the entire season, yet somehow you still don't get it.
    Oh I get it. I get that all teams have their ups and downs.

I get that they are three games off their expected wining percentage based on how many runs scored and how many they've allowed.

I also get that what matters is how many wins they have after they play 162 games.

Y'all can be as frustrated as you want, but this team is going to the playoffs with or without you.
    Last edited by Raisor; 07-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Very discouraging weekend. Just when you thought the bats had come around they go dead once again. I really don't think this team will do much in the playoffs. They just can't win these 1-0,2-1 type games. They just can't get the big hit or manufacture a run or two when they need it most. It's one thing to lose and not score much to Kershaw or even Ryu. But not being able to get anything off a pitcher with 5.03 era is just not good. This is a huge week. The Pirates and Cardinals play each other five times. Reds need to win and gain ground on someone. Then the Cards come to town for the weekend. This week may tell what post season hopes that this team will have.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Oh I get it. I get that all teams have their ups and downs.

I get that they are three games off their expected wining percentage based on how many runs scored and how many they've allowed.

I also get that what matters is how many wins they have after they play 162 games.

Y'all can be as frustrated as you want, but this team is going to the playoffs with or without you.
    Quit acting like you're some cheerleader superfan. You're no more a fan than me or anyone else on this site. I voted 'yes' on the playoff poll, but I can still admit we've been average at best the last 50 games and have been terrible against +.500 teams. And yes, the offense has been totally unpredictable the entire season. They're just as likely to tank for a week as they are to score double figures twice in the same series. You can continue to allow some stat site to dictate your opinion for you, while I'll continue to form mine by watching the games.

Martyr Zone

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Quit acting like you're some cheerleader superfan. You're no more a fan than me or anyone else on this site. I voted 'yes' on the playoff poll, but I can still admit we've been average at best the last 50 games and have been terrible against +.500 teams. And yes, the offense has been totally unpredictable the entire season. They're just as likely to tank for a week as they are to score double figures twice in the same series. You can continue to allow some stat site to dictate your opinion for you, while I'll continue to form mine by watching the games.
    Quit being ignorant.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Question is has the offense been more or less consistent than the other playoff teams

They call me "chef"

The Dodgers are a young, scrappy team that many analysts discounted. Now they're proving that heart, tenacity, and overcoming adversity is all you need to build a championship caliber club. It's the feel good story of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    The Dodgers are a young, scrappy team that many analysts discounted. Now they're proving that heart, tenacity, and overcoming adversity is all you need to build a championship caliber club. It's the feel good story of 2013.
    Except that two major additions upped the talent level in the everyday lineup moreso than "heart, tenacity, and overcoming adversity" has made them the leader in the weak AL West. Puig and Ramirez are the difference, and that is all about hot streaks and talent. The other stuff sells movie rights and tickets to some fluff fans, I suppose.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

They call me "chef"

But they're a meek underdog making waves in the big scary NL West. Puig se peude!

Turn Off Ads?