Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mesoraco And Frazier Injury Updates

Mesoraco And Frazier Injury Updates

ctrent ‏@ctrent 5m
    Mesoraco has a pulled hammy. Price said they'd know more tomorrow. Tucker Barnhart likely headed to ATL just in case

ctrent ‏@ctrent 7m
    Frazier said he's been dealing with groin tightness for a while. being safe to leave early

ctrent ‏@ctrent 2m
    Also, Billy Hamilton said hes fine, just had some scabs that were pulled off on the slide, so that was painful

2. Likes:

Redeyecat (04-26-2014), REDREAD (04-26-2014), Tom Servo (04-26-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (04-26-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Mesoraco And Frazier Injury Updates

Thanks PepperJack
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-26-2014)

Sounds like Mez is definitely going to the DL which is super disappointing. I like the idea of Soto getting a few more AB's, but it's too bad it may be at the expense of a Frazier injury.

what a game.. 3 guys get "hurt", they came back from 5-0 to 5-4 and the first two hitters got on base against the best bullpen arm in the league.. tough way to lose, but like the way they battle
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

8. Likes:

KYExtemper (04-26-2014), Redeyecat (04-26-2014), redsmetz (04-26-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (04-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Sounds like Mez is definitely going to the DL which is super disappointing. I like the idea of Soto getting a few more AB's, but it's too bad it may be at the expense of a Frazier injury.
    Yeah. It looks pretty bad for him. Such a shame after the start he had. Hopefully he's not out for more than a couple of months.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

I really feel bad for Rocco. I'd say he's destined for some time on the DL. Hammy strains are tough for catchers, but my hope is that we'll see him rebound fast and get back to business.

Unless he tore something.....I do not see 2 months....or even a month. 2 weeks sure. Those things can be recurring of course.....but if he did not tear anything. 2-3 weeks at most.

^Youve clearly never had a bad hamstring strain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I woke up this morning after having a dream that the Reds re-signed Bailey to a 5-yr $100MM deal. I hope I'm wrong.
    Baseball Nerdists FB Group

13. Likes:

Larkin Fan (04-26-2014)

Mez's injury looked bad. I'm afraid he will be out quite a while. Just really too bad. He was giving them the extra power they needed. 2014 just looks completely snake bit to this point with all of these injuries.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Joey Votto missed 51 games in 2012 and we still won 97. We just need someone to step up.

Definitely going to miss his bat in the lineup, but I feel pretty good with Pena and Barnhart filling in. Hopefully, it's not a long DL stint. Do we need to start being concerned with his tendency to be injury prone?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Definitely going to miss his bat in the lineup, but I feel pretty good with Pena and Barnhart filling in. Hopefully, it's not a long DL stint. Do we need to start being concerned with his tendency to be injury prone?
    He is a catcher. Always be concerned with injuries to anyone playing catcher, even if they don't have an injury history.

18. Likes:

Larkin Fan (04-26-2014), pahster (04-26-2014), Red Raindog (04-26-2014), RedsfaninMT (04-26-2014), westofyou (04-26-2014)

Mesoraco is a big part of the reason the team has righted the ship. Massive loss if he is out for an extended time.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He is a catcher. Always be concerned with injuries to anyone playing catcher, even if they don't have an injury history.
    Yep the legs are their bread and butter defensively, they crouch hundreds of times a day, the hammy is key

21. Likes:

Larkin Fan (04-26-2014)

Mez runs the bases a lot harder than most catchers. He may have to pick his spots with a little more discretion in order to protect his legs.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

23. Likes:

HokieRed (04-27-2014)

Turn Off Ads?