Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Because, whether we like it or not, he *might* have a case in Federal Court.
    Isn't that entirely contingent on him not having done roids? Which, lol.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Isn't that entirely contingent on him not having done roids? Which, lol.
    He'd presumably be challenging the length of the suspension and the authority of mlb to dole out something his lawyer will surely argue is completely arbitrary.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

However this turns out, I'm confident A-Rod will come back bigger and stronger than before
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It be pretty funny if he's allowed to go to spring training and showing up. Circus

If a few years from now all of the guys suspected of PEDS use were all on a HOF ballot along with guys banned for gambling, A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens, Palmiero, Sosa, McGwire, Rose, Shoeless Joe, et al, everyone who on the bare statistical record seems to be worthy of induction, I bet A-Rod would get fewer votes than anyone else.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I was hoping it was half a season.

I do not want the Yankees to get out of paying bis contract. No way.

Lesser of both evils is that they have to deal with each other through the full length of the contract.

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-11-2014)

Giving one guy 50 games and another 162 is not the union way

10. Likes:

bigredmechanism (01-11-2014),Chip R (01-11-2014)

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I'm tired of ARod.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I'm tired of ARod.
    I'm tired of the ARod circus.

I dislike PED users as much as the next guy (well cept LaRussa I spose), but the ugly truth is that it WAS a part of baseball for a while, and it wasn't outlawed. Even now you get three strikes before you get a lifetime ban.

I get it, there is a ton of circumstantial evidence linking ARod to PEDs, and some of it seems pretty damning... but seriously stop making him a scapegoat, bringing him to the focus of things and shining an ugly light on baseball. Give him his suspension, probably 100 games, tighten down the rules/testing procedures, and for the love of god lets move on.

13. Likes:

bigredmechanism (01-12-2014),dubc47834 (01-12-2014),Todd Gack (01-12-2014)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    I'm tired of the ARod circus.

I dislike PED users as much as the next guy (well cept LaRussa I spose), but the ugly truth is that it WAS a part of baseball for a while, and it wasn't outlawed. Even now you get three strikes before you get a lifetime ban.

I get it, there is a ton of circumstantial evidence linking ARod to PEDs, and some of it seems pretty damning... but seriously stop making him a scapegoat, bringing him to the focus of things and shining an ugly light on baseball. Give him his suspension, probably 100 games, tighten down the rules/testing procedures, and for the love of god lets move on.
    I agree with you. I don't like A-Rod, but it seems he has become the lone target of all the PED scorn. He wasn't the only one using, he was just better than everyone else, much like Bonds and Clemens. MLB is treating him differently than other players, conveniently ignoring the fact that they are just as complicit in this mess as anyone.

There is plenty of things about A-Rod that I can point at and say "Wow I hate that," but aside from his skills he's no different than any PED players, which I would say the number of is a lot larger than anyone wants to admit. You said it perfectly with the word Scapegoat.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

15. Likes:

marcshoe (01-12-2014)

A-Rod is getting a stronger punishment because he lied to investigators and tried to derail the investigation. All the others cooperated.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A-Rod is getting a stronger punishment because he lied to investigators and tried to derail the investigation. All the others cooperated.
    Braun cooperated?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Braun cooperated?
    Eventually

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Braun cooperated?
    Braun got a longer suspension because at first he lied and didn't cooperate. Then, when he did cooperate and come clean, his was reduced. He did get longer suspension than if had simply failed a drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I believe the way they arrived at the 211 game suspension originally was 50 first time offense, 100 second time offense, and 61 obstruction (was the announcement made at the same time as Braun's?). That should have taken away the rest of the 2013 season and nearly all of the 2014 season.

The fact that it shrunk to 162 game suspension tells me that the arbitrator might have minimized the obstruction charges. I believe A-Rods defense on that was that although he was covering up his tracks, it wasn't during baseball's investigation therefore could not be considered obstruction.

Regardless, I stick by that he is being made the scapegoat. Not that he is blameless but, just the one that is being made an example of.

I'll be glad when he is finally out and away from baseball.

Turn Off Ads?