Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Re: Source: ARod faces lifetime suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Federal courts very rarely overturn the decision of an arbitrator.
    I heard that too the other day. Arod is taking a shot in the dark, hoping against hope he can find a friend in this mess. He's never playing again and he knows it. It's all about getting as much money from that contract that he can.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If this goes to federal court MLB is on shaky ground. First there are no positive drug test. Secondly, the guy who gave him the roads first said he didn't. Then changed his story when MLB agreed to pay his legal bills, his security, and dropped the law suit against him. I think he's guilty too but in a court of law u got to have real proof. I mean the guy saying he gave Arod roads is not exactly credible.
    First of all there is real proof. There's quite a trail of texts and money according to what I saw in the 60 Minutes interview. Secondly, if it was about proof then why did the arbitrator rule in favor of MLB? In Federal Court I don't know why the Feds can tell Bud Selig what kind of proof he needs in order to manage his game. Furthermore, does ARod really want to risk perjury in a FED court?

4. Likes:

Dom Heffner (01-14-2014)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Ah, someone needs to pull out the "It's Bud Selig's fault A Rod cheated" line.

Let me guess. This sportswriter is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Ah, someone needs to pull out the "It's Bud Selig's fault A Rod cheated" line.

Let me guess. This sportswriter is okay.
    Joe's a great writer, that's all that matters to me.

As for Bud's fault... I think the point is he can't be both the guy that turned his back to what was going on only to show up later and say he has stopped it himself. He needs to acknowledge his participation in this culture from the moment he stole the Pilots from Seattle.

7. Likes:

Plus Plus (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

As for Bud's fault... I think the point is he can't be both the guy that turned his back to what was going on only to show up later and say he has stopped it himself. He needs to acknowledge his participation in this culture from the moment he stole the Pilots from Seattle.
    Did Bud Selig inject anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Did Bud Selig inject anybody?
    One could argue that by not testing for steroids, reaping the benefits of the 1998 home run race between two steroid users in Sosa and McGwire and the 2001 Bonds 73-homer season, and then crying "foul!" once baseball was once again one of the most-followed sports in America and the public put two and two together to deduce that steroid use had happened, that Selig may have proverbially injected everyone by not only not dissuading, but encouraging steroid usage in the sport.

Selig's tenure as commissioner may be remembered as much for talking out of both sides of his mouth as it may be for revitalizing the game after strikes.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-08-2014),Mutaman (01-14-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (01-14-2014),Rojo (01-14-2014)

The one award ARod will win in 2014 is the Pete Rose "stonewall denial even though everyone in the world knows I'm lying" award.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 01-14-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-14-2014),wally post (01-14-2014)

Fitzgerald is a great writer.
    Steinbeck is a great writer.
    Vonnegut is a great writer.

Poz is better than Fay, but that's the nicest thing I can say about his writing.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Fitzgerald is a great writer.
    Steinbeck is a great writer.
    Vonnegut is a great writer.

Poz is better than Fay, but that's the nicest thing I can say about his writing.
    Fitzgerald is a bore and opinions are like...

Poz is a good writer, he works hard at his craft, he has a voice distinct to his life and its evident in the amount words he is capable of putting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The one award ARod will win in 2014 is the Pete Rose "stonewall denial even though everyone in the world knows I'm lying" award.
    Aw, come on, everyone knows that all of the troubles of Pete and A-Rod are Bud Selig's fault. Bud's always picking on those blameless icons.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

How many sports writers are out there these days better than Poz? Not many.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

17. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-14-2014),westofyou (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    One could argue that by not testing for steroids, reaping the benefits of the 1998 home run race between two steroid users in Sosa and McGwire and the 2001 Bonds 73-homer season, and then crying "foul!" once baseball was once again one of the most-followed sports in America and the public put two and two together to deduce that steroid use had happened, that Selig may have proverbially injected everyone by not only not dissuading, but encouraging steroid usage in the sport.

Selig's tenure as commissioner may be remembered as much for talking out of both sides of his mouth as it may be for revitalizing the game after strikes.
    One cannot cheat and then claim they were encouraged to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    How many sports writers are out there these days better than Poz? Not many.
    Being one of the best sports writers is like being one of the most monogamous baseball players.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Being one of the best sports writers is like being one of the most monogamous baseball players.
    Really?

That's a wide brush you paint with.

Writing isn't just about fiction, or making a HS reading list.

I'd read Red Smith, Jim Murray, Leonard Koppett and Poz before I'd bother to pick up a book written by Fitzgerald, Hemingway or any other alcoholic fiction writer from the 20's.

Really?

That's a wide brush you paint with.

Writing isn't just about fiction, or making a HS reading list.

I'd read Red Smith, Jim Murray, Leonard Koppett and Poz before I'd bother to pick up a book written by Fitzgerald, Hemingway or any other alcoholic fiction writer from the 20's.
    When sportswriters understand they are sportswriters and not novelists, I enjoy them, but mostly because I love their topics. When a sportswriter like Poz try to write like a novelist, it only reveals he's just sportswriter even more.

Turn Off Ads?