Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice needed on likely spider bite

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice needed on likely spider bite

Was hoping there were some doctors in the house, or at least anyone that has some experience/expertise with probable spider bites.

I have a really bright red mark on my ankle about an inch in diameter, with two distinct brownish bite marks in the middle. It certainly looks like a spider bite. That area is itchy in itself, but furthermore, the 3-5 inch area below it -- about 2-3 inches wide -- is also very itchy, slightly pink and showing signs of swelling a good deal. There is not any severe pain but some mild discomfort when touching the area.

I don't have reason to believe this is a serious issue, as I've not experienced any nausea, cramping, breathing problems or vomiting. I noticed it this morning when I woke up, but thought it was just a mosquito bite as they are common around here, especially when it's been rainy or moist. But the severity of the itching, redness and swelling has increased throughout the evening. I am not sure if it could lead to those other symptoms if I don't address the bite, so I'm hoping there is someone out there that could give some advice whether I should go get it checked out.
    Last edited by Brutus; 07-29-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?