Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on small SUVs / first car purchase

Re: Advice on small SUVs / first car purchase

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Part of the reason I said around $300 is that I am up for a promotion to outside sales. If I were to get this promotion it would include a program called "runzheimer" which gives $300 a month for a car payment as well as a certain amount of money per mile driven (work related driving only). The catch is it has to be a car that is within 5 years old, has 4 doors, and meets other criteria. Obviously I would be able to go with a $400/month payment and just spend $100 out of my pocket, but in a perfect world I would like no money going out of my pocket. Either way I am getting a new vehicle this winter as my malibu is about to die, hopefully I get the promotion so I don't have to pay for it!
    Well, I don't know all your particulars, such as how far is your commute, how much are you willing to put down, etc. So again, just generally speaking for a younger guy in your situation, about to start a family, I might be looking to hold on to as much cash as possible instead of tying it up in a "large" down payment on a car. That's why a 2-3/yr lease putting little to nothing down, on a new car with warranty isn't a crazy idea. Some leases include regularly scheduled maintenance, although that tends to be with vehicles in the $40K+ range. Again, not saying outright purchase wouldn't work for you, just that I would not be quick to rule out leasing. But with employer paying $300/mo, either way you're way ahead of the game...congrats and best of luck.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You can't beat a Toyota Rav or Honda CRV....about a 2010 and they are the highest rated, year after year after year. If for some reason you don't like it....they just don't lose value....no risk.

We just bought a Mazda X7 and it's pretty sweet. Only 40,000 miles and our payments for 54 months is $320

The best bang for your buck would be a new civic.

Attachment 6630 what we just bought

Ok, So we bought a 2013 Hyundai Tucson last night. So far, so good!

Nice! Did you lease or buy?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Interesting. We just got a 2014 Forester Limited. The Tucson was on our list of options, but wife has always wanted a Subaru and now she got her wish.
    Good luck with the car!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    Nice! Did you lease or buy?
    We bought it, got a pretty good year end deal. Was kind of weird leaving my malibu maxx behind with 170k miles on her.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I bought a 2012 Kia Sorento last year and have put over 35,000 miles on it in 14 months. It's holding up very well. I mention that because the Sorento and Tuscon are basically the same vehicle (Kia and Hyundai are kinda like Chevy and Pontiac of old). I hope your experience with it is as good as mine was.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?