Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 7/29/13 Reds at "Fathers" (Joey & Jay batting back to back)

"So Fla Red"

Re: 7/29/13 Reds at "Fathers" (Joey & Jay batting back to back)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    But please continue blaming Dusty rather than the person who actually threw the pitches.
    Who said you can't blame both? Walking a guy to start the ninth inning with a 1-0 lead rarely turns out well.

Walt gets some blame for the current roster construction and failure to Dusty proof his roster at times

Dusty is a great people manager, but 59-48 with a loaded roster in a weak league and two postseason flame outs

All this being said, if we can get into the playoffs and survive the 50/50 game. This team will be dangerous.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Walt's mettle will be tested this offseason. There are some big decisions to be made and not sure how much is left in the piggybank. Big dollars were committed to Luddy, Broxton and Marshall. That's left the club in the current bind.

Choo, Arroyo, Bailey and Chapman could all be gone in FA and trades after this season. We could be looking at a very different team as early as Opening Day 2014.

If it wasn't for Cingrani, we might be a .500 team this season.
    My hope, my prayer, is a complete overhaul. No one will want Heisey, Hanahan, Isturis and Cozart. No one. Choo will be gone, so move Parra, Chapman, and minor leaguers for offense. Do something even if its wrong. Being satisfied with what we have just got old.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

EMAW

I fail to see how this is a loaded roster
    The last time I looked the top two teams in the NL were in this "weak" division
    One superstar and that's it
    Absolutely nothing in LF thanks to injury of Ludwick and front office inactivity

5. Likes:

joshua (07-30-2013),Stray (07-30-2013),WVRedsFan (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    But please continue blaming Dusty rather than the person who actually threw the pitches.
    i don't need your permision. keep the dusty lovefest going by all means.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Who said you can't blame both? Walking a guy to start the ninth inning with a 1-0 lead rarely turns out well.

Walt gets some blame for the current roster construction and failure to Dusty proof his roster at times

Dusty is a great people manager, but 59-48 with a loaded roster in a weak league and two postseason flame outs

All this being said, if we can get into the playoffs and survive the 50/50 game. This team will be dangerous.
    You sir, are delusional. With this bench, any time you need to make a move, nothing will happen. Without moves(which will not happen), this team is dead in the water. We are so far behind. It would take a total meltdown by others to make the playoffs.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

8. Likes:

joshua (07-30-2013)

I've been in the ER since midnight. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    another meltdown
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Raisor is destined for regression!

Just kidding, Phil!
    I'm responding to this in the ER. How's that for regression?

EMAW

The Reds lost and it is not sunny at midnight, all the work of Dusty Baker

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    can't use chapman 1 time in 9 days and not expect problems
    I have heard enough excuses for this guy.....when they use him more than 2 days in a row...he has problems as well. He is tired and unable to control his pitches or loses his fastball. Sure 1 game in 9 is not odeal and he should have been used more.....but he is like a Faberge egg....something is always up. S

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think he's a good pitcher. He obviously needs a structured pattern of usage. Can't have too much rest. Can't pitch more than a couple days in a row. Can't pitch more than an inning at a time.

Why is this guy a reliever, then?
    Yet Chapman himself said he probably prefers this role. I do not believe Baker is a puppet master who made him say that. He enjoys closing. Like you said though......he has an excuse as to why he is wild or off...no work, too much work. This is on him. Closers sometimes sit for longer than you want or get over used more than you would like.
    It is sad...but true...like one poster said.....he is just as likely as Cordero to blow games...that should not be the case.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

better than rendition?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Roger, Over.

Man, that loss sucked. Frustrating game. Offense has ruined so many great pitching performances.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 07-30-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Another good pitching perfromance by a starter wasted because of no offense. The Reds have to get a bat or this season will go down the drain very quickly.

I don't agree with Phillips setting out with Choo already out and the offense struggling as badly as it has all season. I know they need rest at times and you have days off scheduled for them but this was one time you have to adjust that schedule. You could sit Phillips when Choo is back or Thursday is an off day anyway.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?