Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ervin promoted

Re: Ervin promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Phillips will be for sure, barring some major injury. He is owed $13M that year and $14M in 2017.
    Obviously of late he's not making a case for it, but I think BP still has trade value and could be moved before his contract is through. Specifically to a team with deep pocket like the Dodgers or Toronto (and possibly the Mets in the future), or a competitor lacking a 2B moving forward like Washington or Baltimore.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Obviously of late he's not making a case for it, but I think BP still has trade value and could be moved before his contract is through. Specifically to a team with deep pocket like the Dodgers or Toronto (and possibly the Mets in the future), or a competitor lacking a 2B moving forward like Washington or Baltimore.
    I'd be surprised if the Reds trade him. I think part of why he was signed to that contract was so he could retire a Red. You never know though.
    Go BLUE!!!

If Phillips is to be dealt, it will be this off-season. At some point in 2014 he becones a 10 and 5 guy. I think he's a Red for life.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If Phillips is to be dealt, it will be this off-season. At some point in 2014 he becones a 10 and 5 guy. I think he's a Red for life.

Wouldn't it be April 2015, that he will have been here ten years?

That said I don't see him going anywhere with that deal.

I noticed that in conjunction with Ervin's promotion that Adam Matthews was demoted back to Billings. Matthews was promoted to Dayton only a couple of weeks or so ago. Did he do that poorly, or was the organization just in that much of a hurry to promote Ervin?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Assuming he doesn't totally flop in Dayton in August, I'd like to see him start next year in Bakersfield. For a college hitter who was a first round pick and MVP of the Cape Cod League, that's not an aggressive track at all.
    I'd like to see him pushed pretty hard as well. College hitter with good fundamentals across the board. Obviously we can't tell yet, but if he has the ability to shoot through the system, no reason to hold him back IMO.

I will miss watching Ervin playing in Montana. He was smoking the ball the last series in Helena. I did manage to get one home run ball of his hit in Helena.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    I noticed that in conjunction with Ervin's promotion that Adam Matthews was demoted back to Billings. Matthews was promoted to Dayton only a couple of weeks or so ago. Did he do that poorly, or was the organization just in that much of a hurry to promote Ervin?

His batting line was: .182/.260/.273/.533. He only had about 50 PA.

Possibly a combination of both then

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post

10 years in the majors, 5 w/ the same team = 10/5 rights.

12. Likes:

PepperJack (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    10 years in the majors, 5 w/ the same team = 10/5 rights.

I didn't know he had a years service time with Cleveland, so thanks for this.

Only needs to be a Red 5 years. Needs 10 years Major League service time. Started 2013 with 8+. He'll start 2014 with 9+. He'll reach 10 before 2014 is over.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I didn't know he had a years service time with Cleveland, so thanks for this.
    3 cups of coffee and a more than half the season in 2003. It all counts.

16. Likes:

PepperJack (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    3 cups of coffee and a more than half the season in 2003. It all counts.

I knew he was out of options when we traded for him after Cleveland DFA'd him, but I didn't realize how much they did have him in the majors.

Turn Off Ads?