Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea - Involving Bailey

Trade Idea - Involving Bailey

First off, I am not a big fan of trading one of our SP's. That said, what about:

Reds Receive:
    Elvis Andrus

Rangers Receive:
    Homer Bailey

It would have to be agreed upon prior that Bailey would sign an extension with the Rangers, which he likely would, given that he is from there. He's only 25, albeit with a hefty contract. Then we could move Cingrani to rotation full-time once Cueto gets healthy, move Cozart to a role player and infield backup, and drop Izturis from the roster.

That said, is Andrus that much of an upgrade over Cozart? Not if you believe his 2013 numbers, IMO. Thoughts?

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Idea - Involving Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    First off, I am not a big fan of trading one of our SP's. That said, what about:

Reds Receive:
    Elvis Andrus

Rangers Receive:
    Homer Bailey

It would have to be agreed upon prior that Bailey would sign an extension with the Rangers, which he likely would, given that he is from there. He's only 25, albeit with a hefty contract. Then we could move Cingrani to rotation full-time once Cueto gets healthy, move Cozart to a role player and infield backup, and drop Izturis from the roster.

That said, is Andrus that much of an upgrade over Cozart? Not if you believe his 2013 numbers, IMO. Thoughts?

-Matt
    I'd be fine with trading Homer, but part of why is that it frees up money as I think we'll have to choose and get maybe 2 of Leake, Latos, Bailey, and Cueto. I don't know if trading Bailey for $100 million + shortstop helps accomplish that.

Andrus has an 8 year $120 million contract. I doubt the Reds will want to take that on. I'm not so sure he's that much more of an upgrade either. He's not had a good 2013 season to this point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Reds Receive:
    Elvis Andrus

Rangers Receive:
    Homer Bailey

-Matt
    NO WAY...Andrus is part of the Biogenisis stuff and is probly getting suspended!

OOPS...my bad. Wrong player. Nelson Cruz in involved with the PED stuff. Still I would say no to this deal.
    Last edited by dubc47834; 07-30-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Homer for Profar would be excellent though.

The problem is that the Rangers need hitting, not pitching.

7. Likes:

joshua (07-30-2013),TRF (07-30-2013)

Reds Receive:
    Elvis Andrus

Rangers Receive:
    Homer Bailey

-Matt
    Doubt that Andrus would be a trading piece worth trading for... too much $$$ tied up in his contract.

Jurickson Profar would be good trade bait as he's not hitting up to his "Best MLB prospect" level, but he is a SS by trade, and Andrus has effectively blocked him. That might be a good straight up trade.

9. Likes:

remdog (07-30-2013)

That Andrus contract is befuddling. His career OPS+ is below average.

11. Likes:

remdog (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    That Andrus contract is befuddling. His career OPS+ is below average.
    Ya, he likely has negative trade value to be honest. Nobody would give him that money on the open market.

We don't have Cueto and I've seen no timetable as to his return. Even if he does return, we have no reason to expect he'll avoid further injury. So a proposal to trade Bailey means we're going to give the starts he'd take for the rest of the year to Reynolds. Then, unless we re-sign Arroyo next year for the 39 for 3 he'll likely get, we have a 2014 rotation of Cueto (hopefully), Latos, Leake, Cingrani (talented 2nd yr. pitcher), and what? --Reynolds, Chad Rogers? So I just don't see how trading Bailey improves us the rest of the way this year or next--or helps with payroll (given it certainly increases the pressure/likelihood of the reupping of Arroyo).

14. Likes:

mth123 (07-30-2013),OGB (07-30-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'd be intrigued by the notion of trading Bailey if Cueto was set to return and the trade involved returning a high-value pitching prospect that was on a short timetable to the bigs.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd be intrigued by the notion of trading Bailey if Cueto was set to return and the trade involved returning a high-value pitching prospect that was on a short timetable to the bigs.
    This would be trading Bailey for a younger cheaper version of Bailey. I'd be for that too.

Rangers fans love Andrus.

I'd love a Bailey for Profar trade. Especially if they kicked in Ogando.

Since it won't happen as a heads up trade, thought I'd make it more ridiculous.

They just traded for Garza. They are done looking for pitching. What they want now is someone to replace Cruz.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

18. Likes:

remdog (07-30-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Bailey for Profar. I'd do it. Andrus. No way. His OPS is below Cozart's!

We only need 4 pitchers for the playoffs.

Of course, I've been trading Bailey for everyone and everything here for several years now.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

20. Likes:

reds44 (07-30-2013),remdog (07-30-2013)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Hoover/Partch + Rogers for Asdrubal Cabrera.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Hoover/Partch + Rogers for Asdrubal Cabrera.
    Why would the Indians do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?