Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea - Involving Bailey

Re: Trade Idea - Involving Bailey

We complained for years that Bailey wasn't the pitcher we always thought he'd be. Now that he IS that very pitcher, many on the board want to trade him.

I'm not pleased that our offense struggles as much as it does sometimes. But we've gone the "we can hit, but can't pitch route" before and we couldn't even nab a winning season. So I'll stockpile all the arms I can and take an average offense, because the game has changed, and pitching is the new name.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-30-2013), HeatherC1212 (07-30-2013), texasdave (07-30-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (07-31-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Why would the Indians do this?
    I think someone was being facetious
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    We complained for years that Bailey wasn't the pitcher we always thought he'd be. Now that he IS that very pitcher, many on the board want to trade him.

I'm not pleased that our offense struggles as much as it does sometimes. But we've gone the "we can hit, but can't pitch route" before and we couldn't even nab a winning season. So I'll stockpile all the arms I can and take an average offense, because the game has changed, and pitching is the new name.
    Because he is a player of value and we have pitching! Without Cueto and Homer, we still have one of the best staffs in baseball. Our catching, LF, SS could all be upgraded pretty good.

I don't think it's that people want to trade him, so much as it is that his trade value won't ever be as high as it is right now and if we were going to cash in on him, now is the time.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

7. Likes:

oneupper (07-30-2013), UCBrownsfan (07-30-2013)

Losing 1-0 is still losing. Score three runs with slightly diminished pitching and you have a chance.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Pitching has always been the name....we have 6 starters really getting it done and giving us every opportunity to win against the .500+ teams, yet our record against those teams is awful.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Why would the Indians do this?
    No, I'm dead serious. Lol.

They need a solid set-up man, and are in desperate, desperate need of starting pitching. The writing is on the wall for Cabrera, considering he isn't performing all that much better than Aviles, and Lindor is already bulldozing his way to the big show. That, and he's due $10 million next year.

I know I ended up offering less than what he's probably worth, but that's all I could think of at the time.
    Choo got it, dude.

No such thing as enough pitching. We're 11 games over .500. Not by accident. If we trade Homer, Cueto keeps getting hurt, Cingrani regresses, Leake regresses... then what? Hello Greg Reynolds.

No such thing as enough pitching. We're 11 games over .500. Not by accident. If we trade Homer, Cueto keeps getting hurt, Cingrani regresses, Leake regresses... then what? Hello Greg Reynolds.
    A lot of what ifs there.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

no such thing as enough pitching. We're 11 games over .500. Not by accident. If we trade homer, cueto keeps getting hurt, cingrani regresses, leake regresses... Then what? Hello greg reynolds.
    Or Clifford (Lee) the Big Red... Red.

Yeah!
    Choo got it, dude.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I think the issue is that if you can exact a king's ransom for a guy that's going to walk after next season, you at least have to consider it.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Leake is a year and a half younger than Homer. Homer has 33 more career starts yet only has 5 more wins and 17 more losses. Leake's era is also 1/2 a run lower for his career.

So basically if Leake does regress....he'll be Homer.

16. Likes:

RadfordVA (07-30-2013), remdog (07-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Leake is a year and a half younger than Homer. Homer has 33 more career starts yet only has 5 more wins and 17 more losses. Leake's era is also 1/2 a run lower for his career.

So basically if Leake does regress....he'll be Homer.
    Can't get on board with any of that. I don't even want to be near the station when that train of logic comes through .

Don't trade Bailey. For whatever reason. Give him all the $$$ he wants.

Trade Cueto at some point instead if you have to trade somebody.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

19. Likes:

Red in Chicago (07-30-2013)

Bailey for Profar and Scheppers

Turn Off Ads?