Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 7/30/13 Traded For vs. Traded Away

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: 7/30/13 Traded For vs. Traded Away

The problem is - if you want to make it simple - is that we don't play well on the road. Our home record is sufficient, our road record is woeful. I haven't done a schedule breakdown for the remainder of the season...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

My "playing with stats" from the playoff thread still rings true. Take away May, and the Reds are now under .500

The Pirates and Cardinals best months were May as well.

Take them away, the Pirates are 11 over, Cardinals 7 over.

WEll, at least we have a Players Manager.

It's obvious the Players sure are responding to our Players Manager

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    worked second shift most of that season. when i could watch/listen it was very fun. i love the reds but the last 5 days have been brutal. i know we still have a lead for the second wildcard but it's starting to get dicy.
    The 1999 was fun to watch when offenses were scoring more...sure....that team also did not have that high of expectations, even with the Vaughn trade. We just thought they would score runs.....not even close to think they could win that many games....or contend like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    The '99 team was ultra-enjoyable to watch. They also had the rotation of a 90 loss team - their fate was sealed regardless of what happened in the Mets playoff.
    Not necessarily because Harnish was pretty unbeatable down the stretch. He would have won a few games in a short series. The 99 team also had vaughn who simply refused to lose. This club doesn't have a guy like that.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    You flip up a fact on here, it is fair game to be checked.

What can I say I was intrigued and checked 4 games.
    I guess that's why in 10 years I have 700 posts? I also went 8-9 straight games without a comment. But I comment nightly in game threads about how bad the offense is? You and Brutus can keep riding your high horse. Maybe one day I can aspire to your Internet persona.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Is there anyone out there who thinks that on paper, the Pirates are better than the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I guess that's why in 10 years I have 700 posts? I also went 8-9 straight games without a comment. But I comment nightly in game threads about how bad the offense is? You and Brutus can keep riding your high horse. Maybe one day I can aspire to your Internet persona.
    As far as I'm concerned you can post 'the offense sucks" 100 times a night, and you still would be understating things. Go ahead, they deserve it.

10. Likes:

joshua (07-31-2013),OnBaseMachine (07-31-2013)

They call me "chef"

Well...at least we're guaranteed that the weaknesses will be addressed/acknowledged/impossible to ignore.

I really don't have a dog in your fight. But like I said you threw up a number that didn't jive. And I pointed it out like a nerd. Now, do I admit I found it ironic that the guy who boasted of having less than 10 posts a game just came off a night where he posted 34 times...what can I say it was humorous.

Like Mutaman said complain all you want they have stunk lately.

Game thread posts don't count towards your post count FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Is there anyone out there who thinks that on paper, the Pirates are better than the Reds.
    nope. i think they take better at bats. also their bench is a tad better than ours.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    nope. i think they take better at bats. also their bench is a tad better than ours.
    Their offense is just as bad, they don't have our starting pitching , they have a bit better bull ben that Tracy will probably burn out by the end of the year, But they've got a guy in McCuttchen who is the heart and soul of that team and who will carry it on his back. We don't have a guy like that.

Whatever makes you feel good. I probably make less than 10 posts a game but since you track them, maybe you can share all of my recent posts?
    Don't take the bait bud. He's got a shtick and he won't stop with it.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Their offense is just as bad, they don't have our starting pitching , they have a bit better bull ben that Tracy will probably burn out by the end of the year, But they've got a guy in McCuttchen who is the heart and soul of that team and who will carry it on his back. We don't have a guy like that.
    Tracy?

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    WEll, at least we have a Players Manager.

It's obvious the Players sure are responding to our Players Manager
    Obvious, winning the division twice in three years is awful
    Bring back Vern Rapp!!!

Turn Off Ads?