Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 36 times

Re: 36 times

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'm more of a Doyle Hargraves type when I read that the Reds don't have offensive issues.
    I can just imagine Dwight Yoakam saying "36 times, 36 times!"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    And if we didn't have baselines how would the players know where to run when they hit the ball?
    Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It is interesting. If you compare the Reds' offense to the other four playoff (at this point in time) teams' offenses, they come up lacking. OPS+ and wRC+ are both park and league-adjusted. wOBA is not. How we looking?

Code:
    TEAM	OPS+ 	wOBA	wRC+
    LAD	104	0.316	103
    STL	103	0.322	106
    ATL	100	0.324	106
    PIT	99	0.307	96
    CIN	95	0.316	96
    Interesting.

Can someone find a similar comparison (stats) from last year on the Giants, around the same point in the season, and how they stacked up vs those playoff contending teams?

I don't discount stats; but once a team crosses that "threshold" and makes it into the post-season, just how relevant are some of these stats?

How many times have we seen teams, when looking at them from a statistical analysis standpoint, and in comparison to the other teams in the post-season, that don't "stack up" vs that competition, yet they go on to win because, basically, things just start to click for them and go their way, they get hot.

Yet you're still left shaking your heads because, from an analysis standpoint, and on paper, the teams that seem to have the advantage, the ones everyone picks to advance/win, don't.

It's anybody's ballgame once you get into that post-season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Yes. We even have business cards.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Eight more times in August so far. Total at 44 now in 131 games, if my math is right.

The 1 or 0 games has risen to 25. Twenty-five!

Pirates' numbers are almost identical, 44 and 26.

Cards are at 36 and 18, respectively.

Braves 39 and 22.

Dodgers 42 and 19.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

"So Fla Red"

New era of baseball since the dawn of the cable TV age, 2-1, 3-2 and 2-0 games are happening all over the place. 3 runs seems to be the new 4 or 5 runs where you have a good chance to eek out a tough win.

The Dodgers/Braves/Cards ability to avoid as many 2 run or less games seems to mirror the difference in the total wins.

Turn Off Ads?