Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

  1. #1
    Pitcairn Islander Red Buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    337

    If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Do you think Dusty gets fired?

    or Jacoby?

    Or both?
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,482

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    I think they're all given lifetime extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  4. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (07-31-2013)

  5. #3
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Do you think Dusty gets fired?

    or Jacoby?

    Or both?
    Since Marshall, Cueto, Broxton and Ludwick are injured they will be executed as well

  6. #4
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,092

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    If they fail to make the playoffs, Dusty is most definitely out the door. Jocketty understands that windows are temporary, even if he postures as "patient.". He understands the reality of Cincinnati's market.

    This team was designed to do nothing less than make the playoffs and go deeper in them than last year.

    I'm not advocating canning Dusty by the way. This FO put much too much faith in Mesaraco, Frazier, Cozart, and yes, Phillips. And it has bitten them big time.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 07-31-2013 at 11:44 AM.

  7. Likes:

    Number_Fourteen (07-31-2013), Old NDN (07-31-2013), Roy Tucker (07-31-2013)

  8. #5
    Pitcairn Islander Red Buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    337

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Since Marshall, Cueto, Broxton and Ludwick are injured they will be executed as well
    Three out of 4 of those guys are pitchers, and in case you haven't been watching pitching hasn't been the problem.

    No offense on this team and I don't think it's simply because Ludwick has been hurt.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

  9. Likes:

    OGB (08-02-2013)

  10. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Do you think Dusty gets fired?

    or Jacoby?

    Or both?
    I can only hope that both are shown the door.

    Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

  11. Likes:

    malcontent (07-31-2013)

  12. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    I can't imagine Dusty being retained if the team chokes this season.

  13. Likes:

    smixsell (08-03-2013)

  14. #8
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,824

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    There is zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs, IMO. The pitching is too good.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  15. Likes:

    Raisor (07-31-2013), smixsell (08-03-2013)

  16. #9
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,092

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    There is zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs, IMO. The pitching is too good.
    Pirates have had top ten pitching staffs in recent past, but failed because of weak offenses.

    This team's pitching is good, sure, but it's not enough.

  17. Likes:

    KittyDuran (07-31-2013), KYRedsFan (07-31-2013), Old NDN (07-31-2013), remdog (07-31-2013)

  18. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    I wouldn't say zero. I would say there is a 10% chance we choke and the Reds clean house. 90% chance we make the playoffs and he stays.

    So to the point of the OP, yes. I think his fate is tied to making the playoffs.

  19. #11
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,582

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Dusty will leave on his own terms....I'd be shocked if Jacoby was let go.

  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Pirates have had top ten pitching staffs in recent past, but failed because of weak offenses.

    This team's pitching is good, sure, but it's not enough.
    This team's pitching was VERY close to being enough last year with a worse offense.

    2012 RPG: 4.1
    2013 RPG: 4.3

  21. Likes:

    RedEye (07-31-2013)

  22. #13
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,092

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    This team's pitching was VERY close to being enough last year with a worse offense.

    2012 RPG: 4.1
    2013 RPG: 4.3
    Sure, but things don't happen in a bubble. The teams in front of us got better. The Reds didn't.

  23. #14
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    No question. If the Reds miss the playoffs, Dusty and Jacoby are both gone.

    And hopefully they'll promote Bryan Price to manager (unless he just wants to be pitching coach, but I doubt it since he interviewed for managerial positions after last season).

  24. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: If the Reds continue to choke and miss the playoffs...

    Anyone heard any recent updates on Dusty's health? He's no young man anymore and he had that mini-stroke, or whatever, late last season. This can't have been an easy season for him.

    If Dusty leaves of his own volition, regardless of reason, I doubt that Jacoby is brought back. A new manager is going to want to hire his own coaches.

    Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25