Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty calling out Votto

Re: Marty calling out Votto

That said, he isn't his old self at the moment, but he's like pizza... even when he's bad, he's still pretty damn good

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-31-2013),George Anderson (07-31-2013),OC_Red (07-31-2013),RedsBaron (07-31-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    Votto has basically been the 2 hole hitter all year... he's been the second person in the lineup with a legitimate chance to get on base
    Maybe they should move him up to the two hole. Right now he's much more of a 2 than a 3. Bruce is the best player on this team right now and could hit cleanup. Choo, Votto, Phillips, Bruce.

5. Likes:

Falcon7 (07-31-2013)

Joey needs to step up that run production. He only leads the NL with 90 runs created. He needs to do more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Joey needs to step up that run production. He only leads the NL with 90 runs created. He needs to do more!!!
    Crap, shouldn't have stepped away from the computer before posting. I see klw already beat me to this fun fact!

Marty's act has gotten tired.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (08-05-2013),Stingray (08-12-2013)

Did any of you encouraging Votto to swing at balls out of the zone happen to see BP's at-bat yesterday where he swung at ball 4, ball 5, and nearly went around on ball 6 about a foot away from the plate? You may call that doing his job, I call it awful.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

OC_Red (07-31-2013),Stingray (08-12-2013)

9 rbi's this month already, what more can he do?
    But I think today, he will drive in more than 2 runs for the 1st time this year.
    C'mon Joey, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    But I think today, he will drive in more than 2 runs for the 1st time this year.
    C'mon Joey, you can do it!
    You could probably use an avatar

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

CTA513 (08-01-2013),NebraskaRed (07-31-2013),pahster (08-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Did any of you encouraging Votto to swing at balls out of the zone happen to see BP's at-bat yesterday where he swung at ball 4, ball 5, and nearly went around on ball 6 about a foot away from the plate? You may call that doing his job, I call it awful.
    He walked! If a walk is awful, your boy really stinks.

Calling out may be a little strong. I heard the interview, Marty stated the obvious, that Votto is pace for 70-80 RBI's and "that is not going to get it done."

He thinks Votto got caught up in OBP and stated how that Miguel Cabrera expands his strike zone and will swing at a pitch a inch or two outside while Votto will take it.

That being said, I've always appreciated Marty telling what he thinks and not just what we want to hear.
    Last edited by markymark69; 07-31-2013 at 04:06 PM.

17. Likes:

bengalsown (07-31-2013)

IMO, if be logical and realistic makes one a homer, its still ranks much high than a banana phone caller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You could probably use an avatar

20. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Maybe they should move him up to the two hole. Right now he's much more of a 2 than a 3. Bruce is the best player on this team right now and could hit cleanup. Choo, Votto, Phillips, Bruce.
    Listen, I love Jay Bruce. My fantasy baseball team is named after him . When I had to go to the ER the other night I wore my Bruce shirt just in case I died.

Votto is out OPSing jay by 100 points. Votto is one of the two or three best players in the league This Year.

Jay is in the top 15, but he's not Joey

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    You guys are such a bunch of homers. Votto has not produced in the 3 hole and I am glad he is being called on it. If Votto was a 2 hole guy, I would have no problem with his numbers. How many times does Votto go 2 strikes? A lot. That is not his job. His is to hit first strikes over the fence or in the gap. He is not doing that. You guys love shooting down anyone who yells that the emperor is naked. Well keep dressing this pig gentlemen because if this keeps up, we will not be playing ball deep in to October.
    He's had the second worst regular positional player hitting in front of him most of the year...a .286 OBP....

Phillips: .256 .310 .396 .706
    Votto: 317 .431 .504 .934

Phillips has 80 something RBI's because he has Choo and Votto hitting ahead of him. He isn't even league average in OPS....

Give it a rest and go worship Joe Carter.

24. Likes:

RedEye (08-01-2013),RedsBaron (07-31-2013),The Operator (08-07-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-31-2013)

Turn Off Ads?