Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Re: UC Football 2013 ("The Afterthought Athletic Conference")

Maybe it's a good thing it wasn't on TV

2. Turn Off Ads?

You see, USF was hungry for that win and really wanted it. Eventually, other teams will stop wanting to win and all will be fine.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I know it's early to start drawing conclusions, but are we sure Tuberville is a good coach?

The offense looked better this weekend. Need to learn to take it on the road.

Also, it was really cool to see Kenbrell Thompkins catch the game winner for the Patriots yesterday.

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-14-2013)

Really lucky to win today. Our kicker has had better days...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

#25.

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-25-2013),nmculbreth (11-25-2013),Stray (11-24-2013)

I assume this has to be a pretty frustrating year for UC fans. 9-2 with losses to two of the worst teams in the country (okay, one of the worst teams and another at the very bad end of mediocre). A lot of "what could have been".

As a Louisville fan, I sat through a lot of UC/Louisville games over the years, which means I sat through a lot of really awful football. I never would have imagined a scenario where these two were coming into a game 9-2 and 10-1 and both kind of disappointed in the way their seasons turned out.

11. Likes:

wolfboy (11-25-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I assume this has to be a pretty frustrating year for UC fans. 9-2 with losses to two of the worst teams in the country (okay, one of the worst teams and another at the very bad end of mediocre). A lot of "what could have been".

As a Louisville fan, I sat through a lot of UC/Louisville games over the years, which means I sat through a lot of really awful football. I never would have imagined a scenario where these two were coming into a game 9-2 and 10-1 and both kind of disappointed in the way their seasons turned out.
    If you told me at the start of the year they would be 9-2, I would take it. Next year is the real year where I am expecting things to happen.

UC still has a shot at a BCS Bowl bid.

UCF must lose one of their remaining two games while the Bearcats must beat Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post

UCF must lose one of their remaining two games while the Bearcats must beat Louisville.
    Other than the UC beating Louisville part, I'm all for it. I would much rather see UC in a BCS game than UCF.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The USF loss is the one that stings. UC's a better team in virtually every aspect, but got caught on the road (and, honestly, probably still recovering from the shock of losing a teammate after the Miami game).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post

I believe UC would also have to jump UCF in the BCS standings and at last check, unfortunately, UCF had a sizable lead. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe UC needs to beat Louisville and have UCF lose both of their last team. Like CE said, it stinks that UC lost to USF, but I think it's even worse that they don't have a chance to settle this with UCF on the field since they're not on UC's schedule this year.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I believe UC would also have to jump UCF in the BCS standings and at last check, unfortunately, UCF had a sizable lead. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe UC needs to beat Louisville and have UCF lose both of their last team. Like CE said, it stinks that UC lost to USF, but I think it's even worse that they don't have a chance to settle this with UCF on the field since they're not on UC's schedule this year.
    UCF is a zero-history program that's gotten lucky a few times this season -- they won't have any favors among the voters should they lose one of their remaining games. If they lose, they're going to fall hard in the BCS.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    UCF is a zero-history program that's gotten lucky a few times this season -- they won't have any favors among the voters should they lose one of their remaining games. If they lose, they're going to fall hard in the BCS.
    Agreed. It would be tough for me to imagine any scenario where UC wouldn't leapfrog UCF in the BCS standing if they were to beat Louisville and UCF lost one of their remaining games.

I give the team a lot of credit because it looked like the season was starting to spiral down the drain after the USF loss. One last BCS bid would be nice but I'd be pretty happy if UC was able to finish the regular season 10-2, win a bowl game and finish the season ranked.

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    One last BCS bid would be nice
    The good news for members of the AAC is that with Boise State's star fading a bit and NIU's ridiculous QB finally graduating, that BCS (or whatever they're going to call it now) bid that is being given to the "best of the rest" is going to be there for the taking. A team that is able to go undefeated in the AAC should get that spot most years.

Turn Off Ads?